ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 engine noise don't think its dephaser

Hi, got my 172 about a month-6weeks ago, in the second week of having the car i noticed a bit of a noise didn't think much of it over the last 1800 miles or so it has got louder, not noticeably day by day but now i can hear it in side the car a little bit. I'v done my research on the dephaser pulley and from what i herd on youtube it sounds nothing like that but it dose run lumpy on idle once revving doesn't miss a beat, it doesn't stop at 2k just dose the same thing but goes with the engine, i still get the power boost a 4k rpm. sounds coming from the pulleys area its more like a grinding but not constant, not like clacking, diesel noise of the dephaser. Any ideas? Thanks Nic

Clio FF 182
Did u ever solve this? Had my dephaser changed a year ago so a know what the noise sounds like and now I have developed a tapping noise that goes with the revs!