ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Engine sieze....

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
hello after driving along the car suddenly just died and now refuses to start, the starter motor makes a sound of "duh" once and will not actually crank over, tried jumping it after leaving the battery on charge for 2 nights and still just the "duh" coming from the starter, i am thinking seizure the cause i am unsure as it regularly had oil changes etc,

should i be able to turn the crank pulley with the aux belt on or does it need to come off to do this test?

cheers

jack

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
i knew someone would ask this haha! yes there was oil in it as i am a goon and check the level every couple of days :eek:

jack

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
just an update on the situation....

after biting the bullet and going for the strip down we found it had dropped 2 valves which made a hole about an inch diameter in the piston, the cambelt also looks to be caught so could have been the problem, new engine time!

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
2 valves dropped and you didn't hear anything from the engine worth mentioning

could it be the fact i was probably going 10mph? because there was no noise at all, first thought was i had a paper bag round my airfilter or something :rasp: