ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 exhaust options

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Given that you can no longer get the supersprint; what exhausts are there available for the discerning gentleman who wants to make a f**king racket? Want one that sounds raw without making a noise like a sumo wrestler farting into a dustbin after a heavy night on the curry.

Also, do exhausts of that ilk suffer from an annoying boomy noise that reverberates around the cabin at motorway speeds?

Cheers

Rick

Megane225FF

they can make a right racket at motorway speed, depends how silenced you have it made (if going for a custom job).. itll also make a big difference to the noise if you take the spare wheel from the boot and take the carpets and seats out!!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

I had mine done at Hayward&Scott in Basildon, Essex on a group buy i sorted out. Have a look at the thread on here somewhere.

I used to have a SuperSprint. Make sure you want a Zorst that loud before you go out and buy.

Most people who have bought SuperSprints have only been able to deal with the noise levels for about 6 months.

In retrospec i would have got a custom built........... I strongly believe the ONLY tail pipe option to go for is a SINGLE 2.5-3 Pipe. Anything else just looks stu-pid.

Rob/

OK, assuming I dont get a custom exhaust made up. What are the off the shelf options? I know about K-Tec and Magnex but other companies dont seem to get much of a mention...

If I do get custom on it, does anyone know of any decent exhaust makers around Lincs/East Yorkshire?

Cheers

Rick

Megane225FF

In South Yorkshire, theres Ascar in Sheffield for custom jobs, they did ok on mine, but others have had poor service there if i remember rightly. If I was having another, Id have to go see Charlie at Prospeed, Wales way somewhere - as everyone raves about him..

^^ So I understand. Im not too keen on the twin exit tailpipes tho. Id prefer a single round if possible.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by wackojacko on 26 July 2005
I used to have a SuperSprint. Make sure you want a Zorst that loud before you go out and buy.Most people who have bought SuperSprints have only been able to deal with the noise levels for about 6 months.In retrospec i would have got a custom built........... I strongly believe the ONLY tail pipe option to go for is a SINGLE 2.5-3 Pipe. Anything else just looks stu-pid.Rob/

Lol- lawrence had his supersprint on his cup about a week before he decided enough was enough and his now put the cat back in
:D

Lionel Richie

Yozzasport do a supersprint replica, which actually has better gas flow than a supersprint!! its not cheap, but it is mint, some of you may of heard it at FCS (before the engine went bang LMAO!!!)

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 27 July 2005
Yozzasport do a supersprint replica, which actually has better gas flow than a supersprint!! its not cheap, but it is mint, some of you may of heard it at FCS (before the engine went bang LMAO!!!)

Higher or lower than £400?

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Rick on 28 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 27 July 2005Yozzasport do a supersprint replica, which actually has better gas flow than a supersprint!! its not cheap, but it is mint, some of you may of heard it at FCS (before the engine went bang LMAO!!!)

Higher or lower than £400?

slightly higher i would imagine (were still waiting on price conformation) ill let you know when i know

OK, mate. Be sure to post up when you know.

Are you planning on selling it with a decat pipe as well?

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

supersprint is the only exhaust id have on a 172, jph172 i only put the cat back because i was worried about getting tugged by the old bill and the fact my neighbours are arsey and asked me in person to sort my blowing exhaust out lol, otherwise the noise is ok,

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Rick on 28 July 2005
OK, mate. Be sure to post up when you know.

Are you planning on selling it with a decat pipe as well?

yes its manifold back including CAT replacement