ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*172 exhaust*

307 hdi (powered by derv)

HI PEOPLE WILL A 172 STANDARD BACKBOX OR 172 MAGNEX BACKBOX, FIT ONTO MY DYNAMIQUE?. ALSO WILL I HAVE TO CUT THE OLD EXHAUST OFF TO PUT THE BACKBOX ON, WILL IT BE A STRAIGHT SWOP, COZ I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PUT STANDARD BACK ON WHEN CAR GOES IN FOR WORK.

Clio 200 FF

When i fitted a magnex to my 172 the standard system was cut near the rear axle. When i had the standard one refitted a sleeve was used to join the 2 together again.

I had a cat replaced last week with the magnex still on the car, this made no difference, dealers dont seem to mind non standard bits being fitted as long as any warranty claims dont arise from the aftermarket parts being to blame - car stalling and running poor with aftermarket chip for example

WOULD THE STANDAARD OR AFTERMARKET EXHAUSTS FIT ON MY CAR? WOULD I HAVE TO CUT IT TO PUT STANDARD EXHAUST ON?.

Clio 200 FF

not sure about a 172 zorst to be honest, it is possible to remove / refit a 1 piece standard zorst by lowering the rear axle, i found it easier to cut it when it was removed and use a metal sleeve to join the 2 halves back together when i had it refitted

Clio 200 FF

did you get the pics ok? you could take the system to your local exhaust fitter or powerflow dealer to get it welded (cost about a tenner) and they should be able to fit it to your car

YEAH GOT UR PICS, I NEED TO BE ABLE TO SWAP EXHAUSTS FOR SERVICES, I AINT TO FUSSED ABOUT WARRENTY IT IS JUST THAT RENAULT MIGHT GET FUNNY ABOUT INSURANCE, COZ I GOT A YEARS FREE.

ANYONE KNOW IF THE STANDARD BACKBOX OFF A 172 WOULD SWOP STRAIGHT OVER?.

Lionel Richie

Why would you want to put a std 172 backbox on a dynamic????

YES - you would need to cut your old one off

NO - if wont fit, cos the 172 has a larger bore exhaust