ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 foglights changing bulbs?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
finally got round to changing the side light bulbs to blue/white to match the zens, and added some chrome indicators too so my headlight units look street. Problem is now i want rid of the yellow foglights. Can u change the bulbs? what type are they, how hard is it?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
You can change them but i didnt see the point as u dont really use them unless its foggy.

They are H11 bulbs on the mk2's

Not many about. There not that yellow when in use anyways. They do penetrate thru fog better in the colour they are.

u`d be suprised how foggy it get round my way! mine seem very yellow compared to the zenons( spellin?!). So its just bumper off and swap with H11`s easy!? Anybody done this yet?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
No need to take bumper off at all for foglamps!

1) Jack frotn of car up
2) Removesplash gaurds on corners (triangle bits)
3) Change bulbs in foglamp

Job done

Yes the foglamp will be much yellower then the Xenons.

As i said yellow/off colour penetrates fog better so the light scatters further then the headlights.

tbh i think you are better leaving the origionals in, no one will see them when there on due to fog ;)

i live near newcastle so fog on the tyne an all that.If its not foggy its phishin down. Cheers 4 that little guide Has, think i might just have a go

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
No probs,

If you have any problems let me know.

Also let me know if you find any H11 bulbs other then yellow !

*the bulb comes out the foglamp by twisting it and pulling towards you*

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sorry for the duff info , just thought i read it on another thread it was the bumper off !

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^ hehe its only bumper off jobby for the main hedlamp unit itself.

The lower region (foglamps) is all accessible from under the car :)

yeah thought i`d seen on other threads about taking the bumper off but what Has says makes sense. Has, i think looking for the bulbs will be the first job now i know it can be done .will let you know if i find some blue/white bulbs.
Have you tried and failed to get bulbs before?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup looked at it a while back when i was bored once.

Powerbulbs do a Philips Longlife H11 bulb, but again it is a off yellow colour.

PIAA do a set of H11 Ice White bulbs but they are £98 !!

ex Clio 172 owner :(
How do you replace sidelights?

I can just about manage main beams but my hands are too big for the sidelights. Passenger's side is hard enough but driver's side is impossible.

find a friend with small hands i could get the bulbs out but couldnt hold the bulb and holder to put the new ones in. small person required;)

You don't need to take off the bumper!!!
There is a little flap under the car, near the bottom the foglight. Just open it and you can reach the foglight. But be careful, cos your wrist may got scratches :p

Yes, the bulb is H11, but some book I saw called it "HB3".

I use very yellow bulb, try to be French style.

Sorry, I am from HK. Cost me about 10.00ukp. It is very yellow, see attacehd of my old pic from Oct 2005. If you use Paypal, I can help you to buy.

Last edited:
  RenaultSport clio 182
Hey, the bulbs are H11, I bought some HB3's but they are totally different than the H11's so took them back to halfords. I have some Xenon Ultra White with a Blue tint. They look great with my uprgraded full/dip beam. only £11.99 and are 30% brighter than standard! Easy to fit, just off with the splash guards