ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 for trophy or 182

ph2 172 ff
i have an 04 172 and love it to bits but its getting high mileage and i dont know whether to keep or swap for 182 or trophy or something else. i looked at cooper s minis as i had a go in a gp but it didnt feel much faster than my car please help thanks

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Just as a point on the cooper s, they are a very highly tunable car and not expensive to do so. an R53 (03 plate) cooper s can be taken from 163bhp up to 210 for about 600 quid.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
i have an 04 172 and love it to bits but its getting high mileage and i dont know whether to keep or swap for 182 or trophy or something else. i looked at cooper s minis as i had a go in a gp but it didnt feel much faster than my car please help thanks

High mileage ? So what ?? Is it actually costing you alot to run , expensive repair bills etc .... ? If not i'd keep it if your happy with it .

Sounds to me like you've go so used to it your itching for a change . Maybe look at different marque altogether .

320d
Just as a point on the cooper s, they are a very highly tunable car and not expensive to do so. an R53 (03 plate) cooper s can be taken from 163bhp up to 210 for about 600 quid.

+1 but they're thirsty.

Trophy would be a good upgrde they're supposed to be amazing.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I'd keep the 172 cup.

Trophy's aren't that much different [apart from the suspension/seats] and the way car prices are at the moment i'd say your best off keeping what you've got.

MCS R56

GP's look like a Halford's wet dream! Terrible looking things - I hate Minis!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Trophy's are far better to drive than 172/182. No point going for a 182, but a Trophy would be a great upgrade.

182 Trophy (#27/500)
Cooper s is a cool choice but for the same money as a trophy u wil end up with a bit of a rotter unluss ur very lucky. Gearbox's break and power is underwhelming.

I have made the change u are considering. I had a 53 172 and now have had a trophy for the last 4 weeks. Its AWESOME! Do it. u wont be disappointed

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
What 4 pots you got fitted?

Compbrake b4's mate :)

Cliododojuicelightfantasticpics0-1.jpg

clio trophy No56
Trophy, but i would say that as i own one. lol
Seriously, the best car i have ever owned, i used to have a FF182 and the Trophy is just different class.
The way they go around a corner is awsome, i didnt think there would be much difference between the two but there is, ALOT!
Make sure you get one with some decent tyres on though, PE2's seem the best so far for me.
And dont let people put you off by saying it cost a fortune to replace the dampers, they were designed to be refurbished, about £150 per side.

I didnt think there was much difference between the trophy and the 182 (FF). I know the trophy has recaros, but my 182 has those. So what the difference between a trophy and my car?

clio trophy No56
Sachs dampers, which apparently cost £1200 per side for fronts and £400 for rears, although i have heard you can get them cheaper, and like i said they can be refurbished.
Turini wheels, V6 spoiler, different springs.
No xenons, no auto lights, no climate control.
Believe me, those Damper make a hell of a difference!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I didnt think there was much difference between the trophy and the 182 (FF). I know the trophy has recaros, but my 182 has those. So what the difference between a trophy and my car?

Bit like supermarkets own lager vs Stella;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Best car i've ever driven (the trophy). Steve took me out in his, sacred me witless. Had bikers getting out of the way lol.

A ANIMAL
Not another Trophy Vs the World thread!!!!

TBH the Trophy is a fantastic car and would be an upgrade as such but i think your problem is you just fancy something completely new and if you swap to a Trophy you'll be bored again very soon as, other than the pub talk suspension they are very simular cars.

i made a mistake not getting a trophy tbh... they were the same price as I paid for my 182 at the time too :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not another Trophy Vs the World thread!!!!

TBH the Trophy is a fantastic car and would be an upgrade as such but i think your problem is you just fancy something completely new and if you swap to a Trophy you'll be bored again very soon as, other than the pub talk suspension they are very simular cars.
Uh, thats why they drive very differently to a 182/172.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
What exactly do you call high mileage? My cups on 72k and climbing by 2k a month lol ...

I wouldnt swop mine for an MCS tbh, my girlfriends brother has one, its a 'cool car' but the gearbox is horrific, its slow (as standard) despite drinking fuel like its going out of fashion & parts are very expensive.

Mind you, you dont see many on the road now that Estate Agents arent doing so well :rasp: