ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 front bumper removal

Does anyone know how to do this? Had a quick go today without the car jacked up and cant see how the bumper is attached.

Cheers

Rich

about 8 nuts, and quite a few clips, just start from the arches, then gently tug at the bumper, you will then see where the next mounting point is

removing the front bumper on a 1.2 16v took me 30mins 1st time round, i can only assume the mounting points are the same

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

3 clips across the front panel,3 10m bolts underneath on the subframe and 1 10m bolt on each side of the bumper behind the wheel arch liner.undo the front half of the wheel arch liner(couple of bungs and screws) and pull it out of the way to see the 10m bolts.remember to unplug the foglights and headlight washer pipe.

Cheers guys. Im taking it off cause I have a faulty Xenon that Renault refuse to fix - its outside of 1st year contractual warranty and anything to do with headlamps isnt covered apparantly! This Im in dispute with Renault UK about at the mo as its a Xenon and not a standard lamp - the dealer wants to charge my £150 for a bulb and £220 for charger unit - I told em where to stick that!

Anyhow as its winter and dont want to be driving around with only 1 headlamp for the next few months I want to do some diags myself. The only way in is taking the bumper off!

Rich

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by desmondo on 12 January 2004

its outside of 1st year contractual warranty and anything to do with headlamps isnt covered apparantly!

Is this normal warranty behaviour?

That is appalling, as I thought Xenon units lasted past the warranty, so therefore thought they would be included? As I thought the warranty was 3yr, or is this an imported car?

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 12 January 2004

Quote: Originally posted by desmondo on 12 January 2004

its outside of 1st year contractual warranty and anything to do with headlamps isnt covered apparantly!

Is this normal warranty behaviour?

That is appalling, as I thought Xenon units lasted past the warranty, so therefore thought they would be included? As I thought the warranty was 3yr, or is this an imported car?

This car is imported, but is covered by the standard 1 year contractual 2 years dealer. Check your handbook and it says that lamps arent covered in the 2nd and 3rd year. Although My opinion is the same as yours - its a Xenon and should in theory last the lifetime of the car - thats why Im getting Renault UK to clarify, hopefully cough up some dosh to pay for the bugger.

Rich

Ad

MK2 FRS

I Am getting a new autoadjust fitted this week and am not paying for it and mine is a May 2002. Uk sourced though, I haventpaid for any of my warranty work including the exhaust which was outside the intial 12 months.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

xenon bulbs have a 10 year warranty so you should get a bulb for free even if you have to fit it yourself.9/10 its a faulty starter pack and normally the drivers side for some reason.