ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Fuel Injectors

Ph1
Get them cleaned unless the ones you have are duff - Cleaning is just as good as buying new, in some cases better!

polo
well turns out i dont need the injector after all. i swapped them around and there is still a problem when removing the different injector from the same slot (far right one). anyone got any ideas? all i can think is the connection between the fuel rail and the injector.

I know this sounds really confusing, any ideas/help extreamly welcome!

Big thankyou to chris (whiteley) for his help!

182 trackday racer
What exactly is the problem?

I had a problem with my car going like sh*t and even worse when hot. Very poor running, powerless frome time to time and even engine faliure light...

In my case it turned out to be water in the sparkplug holes. I just removed the inlet and the ignition leads. Then blew all the water out with "pressurized air". It runs perfectly now.

If the engine does not run worse when a injector connection is pulled out you may be on to something. If you remove the inlet check that all sparkplugs are tightened if they come loose (rare) it may cause similar problems. If no water, not the injectors, no loose sparkplugs all I can think of is iginition coils.