ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Handling a bit odd

'02 172ff
When on high speed corners, the rear of my 172 ph2 seems to float about abit. even scarier if you lift off (I know you shouldnt lift off in a bend). it feels like its steering itself!

I will be checking the torgue settings on the rear this afternoon. Shocks and springs are good. tyres and pressures are good (Eibachs and cup shocks)

Any ideas?

H22A7 Accord Type R
get the alignment checked buddy....... when i first drove Vicky 172 i s**t myself at the rear end floatyness! turns out one of the rear wheels was well out of tolerance! And a buugered shock

I put my 172 into get checked as I knew there was something up with the handling, similar to what you are describing. I thought it was the rear shocks, but the garage said they were fine ...MOT a couple of months later and it failed due to rear shocks leaking, and that was a 04 with 30000 miles.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
if nothing is wrong try getting a rear anti-roll bar from `whiteline automotive` (from demon tweeks) made alot of difference to my cup (but that cud be cause i have nothing in the bak-stripped) other than that not a clue :S

'02 172ff
I changed all the shocks on mine for Konis and it sorted it. I can only assume I had issues with failed shocks at the rear.