ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 key fob won't lock car

Iceberg 172
Hello,
I've searched all afternoon to try and find out what's up with my fob but I can't seem to find anything.. (So sorry if this has been posted 1000's of times which I suspect it has..) brought a 172 yesterday and the key fob was being temperamental with locking and unlocking my car.. I've changed the battery this morning and the red light does flash on the key to say it's working and my car starts and drives but it just will not lock? I've tried to lock it from the inside as well and it won't do it :'(! I can't get my key in the door either as it's completely stiff.

Can anyone help?

182 ff
mine goes funny..if you sit in the car and press the lock button,does it lock? it if doesn't its not the key .
my keys don't have a light on them.. spray and grease all the lock mechanisms ,spray in the door lock..see if that works.
might have ice in the lock.. my fuel lock was froze once ,at a petrol station, heat your key up over gas ring ,try it in your lock.worked for me

Fiesta ST3
It sounds simple but try just disconnecting the battery for 5 mins, reconnect and see how you get on.

It worked for me :)