ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Killer-Scooby or 20V Turbo

Dazz,

the 5 door Imprezas are possably a bit more more of a neutrally balanced car over the saloon (as there is more weight over the rear axle and a slightly different suspension set up) but they still handle very well, if not in some cases better than a saloon version.

Some people think that the wagons are a bit errrrrm funny looking and they tend to drop prices a little more than the favoured saloon but not by much. There are a few STi wagons out there, definately worth getting one but also consider that you can only get a standard STi in wagon version and no special editions like the Type R, Type RA or the Type RA V-Ltds which are all either 2 or 4 door versions.

Tony

how much can you get an mr2 turbo for these days? theyre about £7k arent they? what about one of those? You can get them flying with a bit of work.

320d M Sport

Dont think it compares to pulling up at the pub in a Scooby though? Just got something about them hasnt it? Has anyone here had all 3 cars I wonder??? Looks like the old Clio is gonna need some modding I reckon....

Paddy

True. Hows about a 300zx then? theyve dropped in price lately havent they? If you couldnt pull in that then you must have no face or summin!

320d M Sport

Bit old now, hes deffo going for eith the Fiat or Scooby, wonder which will whoop the 172 worst??? :confused:

Paddy

BMW 320d Sport

I think you should forget both and go for the ultimate stealth weapon - I saw a Lotus Carlton for 20k in the back of Revs this month. And please dont anyone get into an argument about its handling. I know.

320d M Sport

I would hardly call a Lotus Carlton stealth!!!! Besides, thats twice his budget! Awesome cars though, i just downloaded a clip of one being chased by Swedish police..needless to say, it got away.

Paddy

320d M Sport

Gonna go and look at a few Scoobies and Coupes tommorow with him and get a feel for each motor, should be fun!!!

Paddy

BMW 320d Sport

No, for me the Lotus Carlton has to be the ultimate sleeper. OK everyone in the know will recognise that monster as it comes up behind you on the motorway...and you move over sharpish! But I bet you more than 95% of the motoring public wouldnt have a clue, theyd think it was a crappy boring repmobile. Which actually it was, just a very quick one!

ive seen a lotus carlton pinned to the back bumper of a 911 carrera down the motorway, carrera sreaming its nuts off!! hardly a sound from the carlton, must have been doing at least 140!!

Saw a LC accelrate at 100 before, havent seen a car pull like that since. Well maybe the 911 turbo I saw the other day:).

Chun.

320d M Sport

Just had a right nightmare trying to find a decent Performance car sales place, either for the Fiat or Scooby, anyone know of any in the Northwest/Manchester/Warrington region?

Paddy

I know a trader who sells imprezas and evos, not sure what he has in at the moment though, drop me an email to mailto:aburns306@aol.com">aburns306@aol.com and ill send you his details (manchester region) or the other place i know is warrenders which is now near nantwich, bigger selection of cars but mainly imports and their apr rates are a bit on the high side.

Garage wise, Robinsons of rochdale are the most local of subaru dealers (and IM are having a giveaway at the moment on the MY02 WRXs with up to 3k off a new one!) but you missed out on the 0% finance they were doing a few weeks back on second hand cars....

Tony

320d M Sport

Cheers Tony, looks like Rochdale it is next weekend then, hes got around £10K to play with, for that money he could get a mint 20V Turbo.....hmmm

Paddy