ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 mk2 ph1?????

Clio mk2 Phase 1
Hi there clio lovers i am due to bag myself a lovely 172 ph1 can anyone give me some advice on average miles per gallon they do and also things to look out for when buying my future baby?? apreciate any help and advice given....

Cheers guys and gals... :approve:

Megane R26
You can return 40mpg driving sensible. Or hammer it and return 28mpg. But whatever way you will be pleased. Just look out for the usuals, and be warned if it hasn't had a cambelt thats gunna cost a small fortune :S

35+ mpg
Cambelt at 50k (ignore renaults 72k comment)
Check engine mounts
Some have Alloy bonnet, and shift light
Rare colours are Black, Blue, Red, Yellow and exclusive green.
Dont pay more than 5k

Clio mk2 Phase 1
Thanx peeps knew you guys would help, i love them in black but after seein the pic Day put up in Pic request: Silver Ph1 172's of the silver one with black wheels (1st pic) i am tempted now to go with silver as that looks gorgeous, also as other colours are harder to find il be waiting longer and i just want to get in it now lol :)

dont make that mistake... spend an extra few weeks searching for a rare colour.

i wish i had travelled a bit further and bought the flame red one i saw now :(

Clio mk2 Phase 1
Yea would love a yellow one but noticed they come round once every blue moon, Your right mate think il wait for the colour i want (black).

Clio mk2 Phase 1
Oh god now iv fallen in love with the odyssey blue! lol this is goin to be a nightmare i can see it... thanx for the help mate.

You want black...

DSC00468-Resized.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
IMHO Red's the best by far when cleaned up properly, although I do love Titanium because the flake it gives off always looks so much better in person than in photo's.

Clio mk2 Phase 1
Yea thats gorgeous mate, i have a red clio at the min well burg/red and i can see what you mean when cleaned they do look nice but just want a change. ^^that looks v v v nice tho...

Black is a f**king nightmare.

Yeah it's great when it's clean but it's so much of an effort keeping it that way.

fubar i cant see a gallery for iceberg silver :( hehe

I wanted sunflower yellow had my heart set on it but cudnt find one, only other colour i liked at the time was iceberg silver so i went for that (how rare are these?) but after seeing pics of Days i think black is sex wee, wish i had waited for sunflower tho :(

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
howie p said:
a guy on here got a cup with 27k? on the clock for 5500
i got mine, facelift model tiatnium silver, 60k for 5k...few dents but nowt bad...just had a new clutch an exhaust!

any1 know roughly how much cambelt does cost>:approve: