ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 mk2 - to de-cat or not de-cat...

Hey Peeps, Want to get the new K-Tec stealth exhaust fitted to my 172 Mk2 and want to get it de-catted too. But I notice they (K-Tec) now dont sell a de-cat pipe for the mk2 (only the mk1 with 1 lambda). I know some of you guys have de-catted mk2s and was wondering, did you just get the de-cat pipe that is the same as the mk1 version and just not attach the second lambda or what? Who sells de-cat pipes for the mk2? Or are they all only for the mk1?

Also what is the legality of the de-cat in terms of insurance? If I spank the car and they see there is not de-cat are they gonna say "No money for you!".

Thanks guys :D

Elise/VX220/R26

dont loose any sleep about insurance m8, a decat will be the last thing they check for (if they check for anything!)

Ive got a janspeed decat on my mk2 and its the best £100 youll ever spend on performance. The fitting on the janspeed is not bang on and it does require some tie wrapping to get the sensor cable away from the heat shield

Burgandy 174 sport t

jees jus noticed this place is 5m from my house and I didnt even know it existed!!! take a wee trip up there tomorrow!!

Burgandy 174 sport t

aint got 85 notes Right now im affraid!! plus it would prob cost me 15 quid in fuel to drive to u.

Just bought that exhaust from Mac30L last week mind!!

Thanks for the tips guys! Do you think if I got the de-cat from motorsportworld that K-Tec would fit it when I get them to fit the stealth system? Or is that being a bit cheeky :devilish:

Also I want to get a viper IK. Is that easy to fit myself (I dont really know dick about cars but fitted a K&N years back) or should I get that fitted by K-Tec at the same time as getting the exhaust done?

Thanks again :D

My MK1 has two lambda sensors and I decated that a couple of years ago. Bought a devil decat at the time and welded in another boss for the second lambda. Only thing is that the lambda sensor light comes on after a while because the downstream sensor detects a different O2 reading to what it expects. Had a little resistor mod. put inline between the sensor and the ECU which fooled the ECU and hence no warning light coming on.

Car seemed to run a bit sh*te after doing that resistor mod. so eventually reversed it and put cat back on.

Decat pipe makes a big difference to low down pulling torque and noticed the car accelerated much better on high rpm from 4th to 5th gear.

Car sounded like a rally special with decat, ss exhaust and BMC and on long journeys could get tedious listening to it.

just unplug the second lambda and zip tie the cable out of the way. the ecu only uses the first to change fuelling etc