ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ODD ABS FAULT CODE

172 sport,
Hi all just wondering if anyone has had this problem on there clio, usual thing drive up the road abs light comes on. so i have the codes read and it says, 6. target wheel :eek:ne of four. now this aint a crap code reader its snap on solus pro! so i leave connected take for drive in graph mode all 4 wheels registering correct speed, re read codes same thing comes up. disconected sensors one at a time and each individual fault comes up right rear wheel wiring fault etc etc as expected. its really driving me mad now, only bought it for a bit of fun as i had a brand new one in 02 but sold it in 04 and always regretted it but now regret buying this one as the memories of my old one are far better than this actually is, any help greatly appreciated chris

172 sport,
ok checked all abs rings front and rear no problems checked sensors all ok too even checked wheel bearings still nothing. totally fed up with it now any other ideas apreciated or its gonna get gumtreed

I'm not good with electrical faults but I read on here that the brake pedal switch is on the same circuit. Resetting the brake pedal switch solved my intermittent abs lamp, this after many attempts to check and clean rings, sensors etc and still having same problem. Worth checking before buying anything, if you havent already?

172 sport,
checked all conectors there all good gonna try brake pedal switch as that threw a fault up on engine diagnostic for some reason, does any one know if the speedo drive is involved in it at all only saying this as i changed the geartbox as was non runner when i bought it so dont know if this made light come on as dont know if it waqs on before box failure or not cheers again

It takes all of 10 seconds to pull out the "plunger" on the brake pedal switch and let it reset to the right position.

On some cars dissabling the circuit stops speedo from working. However, removing ABS fuse on my clio didn't stop speedo from working, if I remember correctly from when I had my problems last year, so it may not be involved. I'm not sure this adequately answers your question though? - easy things for a non-techy like me to try anyway:D