ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ON A WILLY

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Here you go Ian172...

172- Headwork,cams, unichip,exhaust,filter Vs

Williams-Headwork,cams,Smt6, exhaust, filter (running very,very lean)

Only one winner on this run....but hey maybe it was a one off..;)

[Edited by Martin. on 15 September 2004 at 10:22am]

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Yup..that Supersprint exhaust isnt shy...

[Edited by Martin. on 15 September 2004 at 10:37am]

Polo GTi

Im really bored and enjoy feeding the trolls ;) makes for an interesting read all this banter about cars. I look forward to the next tall tale

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 15 September 2004

great,modded vs modded again
I thought you might notice that the mods are the same (virtually) on both cars...nevermind Everyones entitled to an opinion I spose...

Standard Vs Standard the 172 is faster in a straight line and doesnt lose much to the Williams round corners in most cases. (there are always freakishly fast/slow individual cars) Agreed? Good we can put this into the archives...

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

Reaction times?? the willy may have left 5 mins before the 172 depending on the drivers?

Besides - Standard vs Standard was the start of this conversation! lol seriously after being a member of a Saxo forum years back i thought id seen bitching at its best!

ill keep my 172 thanks and my 2 and a half years warranty ;)

as ive said i love both cars but i couldnt have a williams with 100k on the clock and no warranty, had it been available to buy nearely new when i bought the 172 maybe i would have test drove one!

and mr willy who was complaining about respecting 172s look back to the first few pages! i dont see any respect!

don't

ohdear ohdear, 6 pages long lol

read page 1 and page 6 and im bored!!

What are u all argueing about, u all know the rsi will beat anything on the road

:sick:

Polo GTi

I think we are argueing about whether its best to put the milk in with the teabag in the mug or without, my preferance is before you take the tea bag out.

Polo GTi

Nah you cant judge the colour then, bit too much milk you can squeeze the bag a little more to get the colour right, makes for a happier day.

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by PJVTS on 15 September 2004

Reaction times?? the willy may have left 5 mins before the 172 depending on the drivers?

Besides - Standard vs Standard was the start of this conversation! lol seriously after being a member of a Saxo forum years back i thought id seen bitching at its best!

ill keep my 172 thanks and my 2 and a half years warranty ;)

as ive said i love both cars but i couldnt have a williams with 100k on the clock and no warranty, had it been available to buy nearely new when i bought the 172 maybe i would have test drove one!

and mr willy who was complaining about respecting 172s look back to the first few pages! i dont see any respect!

lol ul need ur 21/2 years warranty mate lol....

as far std vs std...........iv been running mine with just de-cat zorst n filter for about 2 years now........and racing 172s of varying states of tune........even then....the only ones to beat me were the rsport ed cups of chris n nic, tim o, and the quick mk1 172 of rhys.......this is goin off times not actual races....or both in some cases......so the willy n 172 are very close down the strip.......the willy just edging it..........the 172s are also competent machines on the corners......but the willy.......well the willy wins it here also.........these cars are close...the willy drivers will accept this.....why cant the 172 owners?? lol

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Sorry....

If you leave it to the girly 172boys then the tea will be coffee, vastly overpriced, pink, with no flipping sugar and take till christmas to drink.....lol

Polo GTi

I like how this conversation has gone full circle, started about PG Tips, talked some b****cks in between then back on to Tea again. Quite fancy a brew now, back in two mins to add some more flames to the fire :devilish:

mines just arrived on my desk courtesy of the new boy...............hope he aint spat in it :)

[Edited by mark266 on 15 September 2004 at 4:31pm]

Polo GTi

So it looks like the new boy is poor replacement for the Old Boy, should of stuck with what you know, and not be blinded by the Warranty you get with these new boys (6 months contract), they know nothing, and they pale into insignificance compared to the old boy.

If the old boy came back would you say all is forgiven? I bet you would

The Jinx

My 1.0 AX Dimension is the fastest car Ive owned.

FM, Im with you on the teabag thing. I dont drink tea but make some at work and home and everybody loves my brews. And I always leave the bag in til after the milk.

Also its essential to get the hot water on it the second the kettle clicks off I find.