ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph1 cranking but not injecting - changed TDC sensor already

172 ph1
Car sat still over winter for some months, now it doesn't start any more.

New battery and new TDC sensor fitted - no spray coming out of injectors.

Fuel was squirting out of the fuel line when I tried cranking with the fuel line disconnected, so I assume the fuel pump is still working.

Tried spraying some "quick start" fluid into the intake manifold to test spark but the engine still didn't start. Perhaps not a very reliable test... will try pulling one of the leads off the coilpack laters.

Other than that, out of ideas :(

DTM

Clio 188 ph1 438's
Clio172_Engine.jpg

you can see it on the right there near the positive battery terminal, if its like mine it maybe hanging down the left hand side of the battery or under the filter housing

Last edited:
  172 ph1
Blimey, never noticed that was there.

Mine's sort of loose, when I press it it does not lock in place but springs back.

172 ph1
Just took the cutoff switch off the car to test it. The outer most 2 pins seem to be connected to each other no matter if the switch is pressed or not.