ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph1 moan / groan

Had a quick search but couldn't find anything so hopefully someone will be able to help me out.

I have a 172 ph1 which has an annoying moan/groan which lasts a split second. It only ever happens when the car is started and i set off or I have travelled a few meters down the road. I'm not sure if its related to steering/brakes. Once it makes the noise it won’t make it again for the entire journey.
Any help would be appreciated. :)

what kind of noise? Rubbing, crunching, grinding... etc etc

hmmmm hard to explain, best way to describe it... it sounds like a short moan groan, probably a pipe under pressure but I'm no mechanic so the best way to describe it is think of a boat/submarine in a movie sinking and they always make those moan/groan noises before leaking/sinking lol makes sense in my head!

Evo 6, E92 320d
I have a similar creak/groan, sounds like the passenger suspension or gearbox mount on mine.