ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Phase 2 Wheel Offset.

Black 172 PH2
Sorry i have done a search and cant find anything definite.

Am I correct in saying that on a Phase 2 172 (full fat) the offset is 48?
If so, if i was buying some new alloys (speedline etc) would they need to be 48 offset?

Thanks

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
They don't have to be, they can be a lower offset if you wanted to bring the wheel further out of the car...

Black 172 PH2
I see, so theres no problems with having a lower offset then?
Sorry if the questions sound a but dumb, but ive never bought new wheels for any car ive owned lol.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
well theres a limit before they start poking out of the arches, plus depending on if you plan on lowering the car or not will determine the best offset for you, the std ph2 wheels are the highest offset of all the sports so any wheel you choose from the renault range will be a visual improvement stance wise imo.

I would go any further out than around 37 myself especially if you plan on dropping the car - you can buy 35 turinis but to me they look a little too pushed out if you know what I mean

Black 172 PH2
Thanks for clearing things up Daz.
I am planning on lowering the car a little, im guessing an offset of 40 would be a safe bet then?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
if lowering a little you could play with any offset - I'm putting sportlines on mine when i renew my insurance and i expect to be fine with anything..

what wheels are you looking at out of curiosity?

Black 172 PH2
Maybe Turini's, but leaning towards 15" speedline type 2118's
th_cat2118.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
believe they're 37 so your laughing - you'll need a decent drop with them though too! I was gonna get some but I think it looks a little under wheeled with them on imo.