ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Questions

sorry guys, I suppose I should be asking renault about these but I think that I get better advice from here...

Ive noticed that the car is quite high revving when first starting in the morning, runs a bit lumpy and has a bit of a whine to it. After a couple of miles it runs fine with no problems - is this normal ?

Also find that the xenons are quite low when driving at night. Is there any issues with these or any adjusments I could make ?

Ive also bought a CD changer off ebay which should arrive tommorow. It is off a 2002 clio like mine. Where does it fit and what does the connector look like ?

Car is on about 4700 miles so change of oil I think. Looking through the posts on the forum I think Mobil 1 0w40 is good ?

thanks for your time and patience for a newbie

oh - and is there a decent renault dealer in the Worcester area ? - seems to me that there is quite alot of difference between dealers.

thanks

higher revs and lumpy running is normal until the car has warmed up as is the slight wine(think its the pas pump warming up) normally will settle after a couple of minutes tops

xenons are self adjusting so nothing you can do with them yourself, if you are concerned you could get your dealr to check out the beam setting to be sure

cd changer fits under the passenger seat, not sure if the loom will be there already if you dont have a changer but if it is it will be tucked under the carpet more than likely where the loom for the saet airbag and seatbelt pretentioner appear, you may need a braket too if you havnt got one

im running mine one mobil 1 0w 40 and it runs fine, smooth quiet and the temp gauge never goes over 1/2 way but there seems to be a debate over whether 10w 40, 15w 40 or 0w 40 is best for the car

Volvo S60 T5

172 looney has answered ya questions but one thing I have to add about the xexons is that a little problem I have found with clios regarding the xexons is on the rear axle you will find a small link rod attached to a fixed point on the axle, make sure this item is attached as they seem to drop off, most of the time they clip back on ok. ( One link to the axle is the brake pressure limiter valve, this is easy to spot as it has a spring on it, the one you need to check is is made of black plastic)

:)

Renault Laguna Coupe

On imports the loom for the CD changer is present, they were just too mean to include the changer itself.

mitch, the renault dealer in worcester is arriva on the hylton road. i had mine serviced there a few months ago, and had no problems with them. whereabouts do you live ?

Mitch

I live in Worcester and use Hylton Renault in Bromyard. Have serviced my car twice now. A good job was done but I have found the service a little lacking. Like waiting 30 mins for my bill or taking 2.5 hrs to complete an oil change. Hmmm.

Dont let me put you off, the work they do is fine. I suppose the service issue is just down to them being Renault!

Subaru Forrester

Mitch, my parents are in Worcester but they use the dealer in Stourbridge. Very good Service etc., never heard a complaint against them. Dont know the name though, sorry.