ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 - Real World MPG Wiki - 6000 mile average stats

..... so many mpg threads on here. I noticed I'd ticked over 6000 miles since the last time I reset the computer. Was going to wait until I hit 10k but the computer resets and I missed it last time.

The 172 gets used every day. Its currently my daily drive. Does a 16 mile commute on A roads (10miles) and a motorway sprint (6ish miles) each way. Lives in heavy SE town traffic most days.

6000 miles since its last service. Had its 5 year belts and braces service about 10k ago. Here are the trip computer readings. Obviously, not an exact science using the trip computer, but it may give some an idea of what to expect mpg wise.

I don't drive like a hero everywhere, but certainly don't drive like a nun.

6025 miles:

469fdb5a.gif

At an average speed of:

0fd04bf1.gif

Used gallons of 97ron Sainsburys super (ouch!!):

4e6b1d51.gif

Result (drum roll.......)

d9a4f5db.gif

Car is on 81k so properly loosened up, hope this of use to some of you :cool:

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
41.9mpg i drive like an old fart....but seriously what is up with all these mpg threads lately we drive sports cars not eco cars.:rasp:

53 Clio's & counting
I did this once, here are my results :)

Mostly Tesco 99
11 miles A roads to work , then same home plus social driving

DSC01520.jpg

DSC01521.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Myself and Gary (.Gaz.) on here went a fairly spirited run over the week end (170 miles)

Gary in his Phase 1 myself in my 182.

The phase 1 was far better for fuel considering we werent hanging around, he managed 34-35mpg i could only muster 29-31 :eek:

Phase 1's are fantastic on gasolina

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
I drive like an old man on the way to and from the missus, all motorway, so 40-42 there. The work commute is too short to get any economy and all the peeing around I do in the week to get to work and go shopping and stuff is about 33mpg. You can trivially get near/past the 40mpg mark on the motorway in a hot Clio, which is nice.

ITB BG 182
IF you want fuel eco car then get a dci100 or some thing and have the 1*2 for tanking about.
Im currently looking to buy one of the clio dci's.

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
I do a good run to work 15 miles a day on fairly open B roads, its normally pretty clear so i dont hang around and im really impressed with my Ph1 on fuel. I overtake the people who dawdle at 40 on those roads and generally travel at an average 70 or so and it returns about 38mpg on that run.

I tend to reset the trip computer every time i fill the tank, and i normally average 35 ish over a full tank which i think is brilliant for the performance of the car.

Quick question - how do I access this info in my 182? I only bought it yesterday and still getting to grips with all the buttons etc :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
i never see above 28 lol, i just can't seem to drive economically!

clio 172
getting 31.9 atm it keeps getting lower and lower, pardon the ignorance but how do you reset the trip computer?

RB 182
Quick question - how do I access this info in my 182? I only bought it yesterday and still getting to grips with all the buttons etc :)

Press the end of the windscreen wiper stalk to scroll through it. I assume they're the same as a 172 anyhow! :eek:

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Yes, it was on a fairly short track giving it a real good blast and hanging just below the limiter to get the best speeds. It just shows what the mpg actually is when you're really going full out. It was a track that I knew well so no need to hold anything back and I was trying very hard to beat someone else's time. I think Top Gear did a track test and if I remember the exotics did approx. 5-6 mpg.