ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Rear Brake Disc Question?

How much does the standard Renault rear disc cost? I found mine has a bit of lines on the disc. I can either has the rear disc professional grid (not sure if this is the correct word to describe) which cost about 30.00ukp a pair or get a new pair.

I am thinking of the aftermarket one. EBC has 2 kinds, one grooved and one standard. Tarox got some too. But is that worthy to use aftermarket one?

Ziel Nurburgring
Not worth upgrading on the rear as they do very little, just replace them with std ones. Not sure of the price though

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
you don't HAVE to, but if you don't, it is hard work to press the old bearing out of the old disc and get it into the new one.

Oh thanks!

BTW, does anyone know the Ktec rear brake disc kit are actually EBC??? EBC do have standard one.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
should have said, bear in mind when changing the rear discs, you either have to buy a new bearing and have it pressed into the new disc, or press the old bearing out of the old disc and then get it pressed into the new disc. You will also need to knock the ABS rings off the old discs and put them on the new discs.

Lionel Richie
R20GRC said:
should have said, bear in mind when changing the rear discs, you either have to buy a new bearing and have it pressed into the new disc, or press the old bearing out of the old disc and then get it pressed into the new disc. You will also need to knock the ABS rings off the old discs and put them on the new discs.

^without damaging any of the parts!^

much easier to buy them preassembled

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yep, those bloody ABS rings are fidely, bit of a job to get them on without snapping them, when I bought my new brakes from BB I just paid for them to press new bearings into them before hand, atleast one of my rear bearings was f**ked anyway and needed replacing, just worth the extra ££ to save a load of hassle.

Thanks for your advice. Got to check the price of my local dealer first.

Oh, sorry, one more question - is the one from Renault already preassembled?

I just called my Hong Kong local dealer and they quoted me 270ukp!!! And it's not included the bearing (cost 52.00ukp each!!!). What the.....k!! Shame of the new Renault dealer.

Maybe the EBC standard one from Needforspeed.