ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 - Replacement air filter element

Quick Question - Just wondered if any had replaced the air filter element on their 172 for a K&N, Green, piper X

Has it made any difference in terms of responsivness of the engine or noise/tone

Basically just wondering if its worth spending the 40 - 50 quid or not.

I understand that a viper/etc full enclosed induction kit would probably be better but I am not willing to spend that kind of money.

Thanx

Get an ITG from Mitsi. I just paid £47 bucking quid for mine. Ive removed the airfeed from the airbox to give a rorty sound. Performs better tnat with an open IK in my opinion and sounds better

Volvo S60 T5

Ive just taken my K57i off and gone back to standard cant say I have noticed much difference between them.
Will be fitting a panel filter to it soon, I got fed up with the induction noise from the k57i, but Im getting old:sick:

i dont know why pple bother with the induction kit ,its makes a stupid noise when you floor it and it doesnt really work until you doing fast enough to force the cold air in,picks up like a fiat panda from low revs when its a hot day too,get overtaken by cyclists...