ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 running fine and then terribly, out of ideas.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
This car has been doing my skull in for a while now.
It either runs spot on and flies along or runs like absolute s**t, barely idles, struggles to pull away and generally feels like it's about to breakdown any second. There's no rhyme nor reason or predictability to which will happen on any given journey.

Rather than saying what's been done to it already I'd like to show the values that are coming up and you can throw an opinion my way.
Rather than saying what's been done to it already I'd like to show the values that are coming up and you can throw an opinion my way.

Mods are mild cams, decat, yozza. Map is currently standard

3836EE77-8997-40DF-9E51-0F796ABA52F5.jpeg
0A69161D-FB8D-4429-8B6D-96857FEF0BD4.jpeg
20BB1B36-3168-4071-B98F-629F0F3F31C7.jpeg
95ED0B40-5D33-4139-9DD3-4692E720AD9E.jpeg
4AB9388B-16DA-498B-BFE6-273F83827372.jpeg
3FA3F610-1915-4884-941E-F58F7B390F18.jpeg
4391735B-3D35-4478-9EB4-29D2ECD10ED0.jpeg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
This car has been doing my skull in for a while now.
It either runs spot on and flies along or runs like absolute s**t, barely idles, struggles to pull away and generally feels like it's about to breakdown any second. There's no rhyme nor reason or predictability to which will happen on any given journey.

Mods are mild cams, decat, yozza. Map is currently standard

View attachment 1589048View attachment 1589049View attachment 1589050View attachment 1589051View attachment 1589052View attachment 1589053View attachment 1589054
View attachment 1589055

I TOLD YOU TO TELL ME

That’s you told then. 😂😂

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
lol, honest to god she tells me off more than my wife does 😂😂

428s or something like that. I did cross my mind but ruled it out as it's so intermittent.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I would but it's defo broken.

As in I wouldn't rely on it for any journey that I'm not happy to walk back from.

which reminds me, it also doesn't start first time. If it doesn't start first time then chances are it's gonna run like s**t when it gets going

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
This is one of the times it was running like s**t

View attachment 1589062

mine sounded like that on the back of 2 problems. One was the lambda, only a genuine Bosch sorted it. The 2nd which was causing the cutting out was too much vacuum. Created a small vac leak and that solved it.

Two fairly easy options if not already tried. When it’s being a dick try and unplug one of the vac lines and use your finger to control the air getting in and see if it improves

172 Ph1
mine sounded like that on the back of 2 problems. One was the lambda, only a genuine Bosch sorted it. The 2nd which was causing the cutting out was too much vacuum. Created a small vac leak and that solved it.

Two fairly easy options if not already tried. When it’s being a dick try and unplug one of the vac lines and use your finger to control the air getting in and see if it improves

If a vac line is pulled and it helps , then it’s running Rich .
Poss a lambda issue .

Try disconnecting the primary lambda sensor and run it in loop mode and see how you get on with that .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well, some more data reading today. Had the lambda stream up and when running well it's within spec. When it's running s**t the primary sensor is up at 2.5v

think we might have a winner. Will get it changed and report back

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Clio's like to eat lambda sensors.

Probably more so if it's not mapped for the cams.

I bet when you remove the old sensor, that it's more coked up than Danniella Westbrook.