ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Silver for sales in Turvey - Claiming to be a cup

emc

172 Cup
Spotted a Silver 172 in Turvey for sale on the way to MK today. Had standard FF wheels, Xenons and no cup badges.

I know there were some arctic silver cups, but the ad claimed it was a cup and I was really wondering whether or not the ad was right or if the owner just didn't know if it was a cup or not.

emc

172 Cup
Yeah I thought that would be the case, but I've passed it a couple times now and every time I've thought about ringing the number or sticking a post it on the window.

182/ 172 Cup
I saw a full fat 172 leather Xenons normal 172 wheels no cup badges or no cup spoiler etc but it was listed as a cup, Hpid it and said cup aswell?? I found this on 2 172s now? Could be to ringers I guess

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Loads of people advertise Clio 172s as Clio 172 Cups when they aren't. To us it's a big deal, to someone who doesn't know much about them and is looking for a cheap sporty little hatch I guess it just makes it sound more funky and they don't really know what difference it means.
You see loads on eBay that are advertised as cups when they aren't.