ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 to 182

thinking about trading in my 172 for a 182, and had a couple of questions

rang up for a quote (direct line) and they said having cup suspension would up my premium by an extra £50 and the front and rear spoiler would be an extra £180.

Do the cup packs count as mods, do you need to declare them on you insurance if factory fitted. paying 150 odd for the cup pack dont seem worth it if I have to pay an extra 180 on insurance :eek:(

thoughts

cheers

Its a grey area. It shouldnt cost you any more because its a factory fitted option.

Im not sure on the legalities thought. Im sure someone will come along. Personally i have no declared mine.

They asked me if i had any mods, and i simply said nothing other than factory fitted options and they said fine...

its part of the spec from factory, im not bothering to tell them whats the point its not like you have dropped the car 40mm put non genuine wheels on and fitted aftermarket spoilers and splitters

172, Tiguan

Its not a grey area at all.

Thats how it leaves the factory. Do you tell them if you opt for any normal optional extras?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Ive only declared my zorst and induction kit.

I didnt even bother mentioning cup packs, as far as Im concerned they are factory fit options and are included.

my insurance were not bothered and have only charged me an extra £13 for swapping from a cup to a 182 (tesco by the way)

I had to declare Factory fitted Sun Roof option, I would check with your Insurance company, if its not "Standard" then you should declare it to be sure.

Although I would change Companys £180 because you have a "larger" rear spoiler is sh*te, I wouldnt give those cowboys my money.

My Mini has a Chilli pack which is just interior optional equipment, had to pay more for that, and more for the also factory fit 17s. Im not suprised really..the Cup packs are more desirable to you, and thieves!

-Rob