ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 to civic type r

clio 172 phase 2
After owning my 172 for over 2 years and sinking alot of my hard earned cash into it , thought id move on and get my self a civic type r as ive always fancied one .

A friend of mine i know was selling his facelift model , its absolutely mint not a mark onit .
12 month mot
6 months tax
55 plate facelift with aircon
Professional sound system in stall
Kenwood double din head unit

All for £3,000

Heres a few pics :) picking it up in a week or so .
jybana3u.jpg

aqydanas.jpg

uzu4e6ev.jpg

The clio leaves 2moro il be gutted when its loaded and gone but cant wait to try somthing new !

Cheers dan

Passat
Re: 172 too civic type r

Wow, what a steal for you mate. Looks very nice. The Type-R red interior is absolutely horrible....but I'd still have one

Maybe a 172 Cup..

Billy bargain that mate. Keep for a couple of years, probably still get 3k for it..

clio 172 phase 2

My thoughts exactly keep for a little while then sell on for more , and buy somthing boost

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Nice mate good deal! Exactly what I would like next tbh... I love the red interior personally :)

clio 172 phase 2

Very cheap, why?

Mates rates bud , hes in the army so hardly uses it plus he needs quick cash for his new car. Done all the relevant checks alls good :)

On the exhaust front im liking the look of the spoon n1 but bet thats deafening

Mates rates bud , hes in the army so hardly uses it plus he needs quick cash for his new car. Done all the relevant checks alls good :)

On the exhaust front im liking the look of the spoon n1 but bet thats deafening

Great new purchase Dan! I'm picking up a EK9 Rx this Saturday. Fujitsubo RM01A is a nice system for the EP3.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Yeah that exhaust is good. I tried many and liked the cobra the best. That included the n1 rep with and without a silencer, the latter being ridiculous lol

clio 172 phase 2

Great new purchase Dan! I'm picking up a EK9 Rx this Saturday. Fujitsubo RM01A is a nice system for the EP3.

You lucky bugger mate ! Love the ek9 there just so damn expensive ! I like the look of the hks 409 aswell for some reason but thats a giant can lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

The hks borders on track db mate, if that's what you fancy doing

You lucky bugger mate ! Love the ek9 there just so damn expensive ! I like the look of the hks 409 aswell for some reason but thats a giant can lol

The HKS system is a bit of a chav can, you can get spoon replica back boxes which are much quieter then the genuine one. That with an unsilenced b-pipe would be my choice. I'm over camarthen on Saturday to watch Rush if you want to have a nose around the new car :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

Nooooooooo. If you like hearing do not do that mate. I had one of those spoon reps and unsilenced bpipe on for a total of one day, seriously ott. Makes my track car seem quiet, honestly.

Nooooooooo. If you like hearing do not do that mate. I had one of those spoon reps and unsilenced bpipe on for a total of one day, seriously ott. Makes my track car seem quiet, honestly.

Ah I thought they were a fair bit quieter then the proper spoon exhausts. Do apologise, maybe a silenced b pipe is the way forward :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

Lol, they are ridiculous mate. I went through a stage of trying all sorts of exhausts. Either the cobra or the silenced bpipe and n1 rep backbox was the nicest

I had spoon n1 on my Jdm teg and I'm sure it fuked my lugs up my hearing has never been the same lol they are very loud!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

Are there any that look like the oem and don't sound much louder?

All the ones ive heard sound daft!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

I've tried the fujitstubo that looks standard, didnt like it, tailpipes were too big. What sound are you looking for?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245

I've had an unsilenced 3" b pipe and an n1 for over a year! LOL!

clio 172 phase 2

The HKS system is a bit of a chav can, you can get spoon replica back boxes which are much quieter then the genuine one. That with an unsilenced b-pipe would be my choice. I'm over camarthen on Saturday to watch Rush if you want to have a nose around the new car :)

Yea cool mate il come have nose at the ek . Wont be in my civic though not picking it up for another week . But il be out with my mate . Pm me your number dude

clio 172 phase 2

Been on ctro for leas than one day what an awful forum , everyones need to calm the f down lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah I agree lol. Type-r-owners seems to be a nicer place :)

Nope that forum is s**t. You will get shot down big time for asking, best brakes, exhaust etc, dire forum. Ctro is miles better.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

Agreed. I had the teg m and it was great. My only suggestion is get some money together and do what ever mods you want, exhaust, ik, manifold etc and invest in kpro etc. with out the map the only difference got will feel is in your head. Spend a load of money, obviously loads faster, it won't be. The map is 100% the key to these cars

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Teg M was the best thing on my old one .

And the PRC inlet manifold .

Alan