ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs 182

Hiya,

This has probably been discussed elsewhere b4, so apologies...

I can get a 172 cup for £6500.. or a new 182 cup for £11500.... is there really a world of difference between the 2 cars? Apart from the obvious 10brake... also Ive heard the engines are really close to their limit in tuning terms, is that correct?

Final 1, I could also get an Integra Type R.... all these cars are great track weapons, which is mostly where its going to be used. Would the clio be able to do the type R?

that seems VERY cheap for a 172 Cup.

What is up with it?

my immediate response is that is probably cheap for a reason.

I would say the 172 cup would be quicker than an integra in my experience. I have seen a lot on track, and (obviously it is driver dependent) but not had any keep with me.

DC5 (new integra may be totally different as they are a lot more powerful)

/y0z

Dirty E91

Personally i would go for the Teg especially if its going to be a trackday car, would love one of these, the latest one looks great and has a bit of go!

Failing that the Cup is probably more focused for track use but the 182 has all "the toys" and doesnt carry that much more weight to be honest.

not too keen actually on the DC5.. i think its blimped up a bit! If I was to get a teg itll be a DC2.. in black of course lol..... Currently Im driving a Corrado VR6.. nice looking car, but I think it shows when VW reliability started going down hill!

B4 that I had a 205 GTi 1.9.. which is what has got me thinking about getting a Cup.. I love the chuckability of a hatchback

Peddled device

Buy a mint tuned 205 1.9 or mi16 for half the cost & do a few mods on it (brakes & Skip Brown phase 1&2 suspension package) if it mainly for track use.
I think they rattle less than a Cup too...;)

... I 4got to add I need to use this car on the daily commute aswell!! I had thought about picking up an mi16.. even considered saving and blowing it all on a t16 .. now that would be something!! But I think I need to get something with somekinda warranty... or least the peace of mind that comes with new-ness!

320d

Cant comment on the Teg myself but you wont be dissappointed with the 172 Cup if your after a chuckable fun hot hatch

If youre feeling flush and can afford to loose £2000 in the 1st 6 months then get the 182

Remapped derv Golf

If it was me Id either buy a second 172 or 172Cup.

Although the 182 is the best of bunch it will still be worth naff all in a couple of years like the other two are now. I think from day to day driving you be hard pushed to tell its much better.

Let someone else pay the price of depreceation! get a second hand Cup or 172.

A GTi man will enjoy the 172 Cup the most!