ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs 200 vs R26 drivebys

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Went for a wee drive with 2 of my mates today, got some drivebys of the 3 so thought i'd stick them up :)

My 172 has a ktec styled induction set up with a stainless steel exhaust minus the center silencer, with a decat.

The 200 has a ktec system with a decat

And the meg has a catback system and panel filter (sounds like a jet flying by!!)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah theres a flatspot there.. hes getting it mapped to get rid of it. Think hes planning the Y pipe before the map though!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
A media thread with no media!? (yet)

Yeah the youtube uploads are taking forever, i thought i'd be able to upload from my phone but i need a Url, if i knew this i would of waiting instead of looking like a ****! :banghead:

Anyhow, while we are waiting...

Hows the weather up there at the moment? I'm heading up to Stornoway on Sunday, so I will keep a look out for yourself - while (very) briefly passing by Inverness.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Y pipe? Is that the '2-1' part of the manifold or where the exhaust splits off into two?

sorry, just never heard of that

Yeah thats the one.

Sorry guys. Problems with youtube/my phone :l

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356727671543.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356727671543.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 166

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The 172 sounds mint, but the best 172/clio I've ever heard is;

[video]http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?525190-Quick-fly-by-video&highlight=Quick+fly+by[/video]

225 Cup & Williams
Thought so doesn't sound that good IMO. Yeah decat supposed to be a right pita that's why I'm leaving my cat on lol. The Megane is a total different drive compared to the 1*2. I went from a ph1 172 to mapped Megane, it took me a while to adjust to driving it like not needing to rev the tits of it.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
@ 0:07-0:09 in the meg video, is that the growl you mentioned or just the wind roar? If its the car I take my words back!

Lol, around 5 is the meg, 7-9 is the wins but it sounds the same :eek:

I like the noise of the meg tbh, its different. Need to try and get some when its not so windy but on that straight road its open both sides so there will always be some wind!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
The 172 sounds mint, but the best 172/clio I've ever heard is;

[video]http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?525190-Quick-fly-by-video&highlight=Quick+fly+by[/video]

Theres alot of induction noise from mine, ive not heard the exhaust + decat without the IK fitted.

That video sounds a bit tinny (?) For my liking though!

Clio 172 RS2
R26 sounds crap imho... :dead:

172 shift up before the rev limiter cuts in. :cool:

Jonf's sounds like a JDM Honda Civic.