ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs Cup on Duel Carriagway

Ask the powers that be? Personal opinion and freedom of speech is rapidly being diminshed again! With france Germany China and Russia failing to back America and Britain well soon have a new communist regime anyway! Best to speak while we still can.....................

No , but surely the simple fact that u said u toasted a cup is as much to say "well my cars faster than his"??? So whats the difference then?

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Someone saying that they toasted a cup is not someone saying that their car is faster just faster in that particular circumstance.

We all know on paper that the Cup is faster by a few tenths but we also know that not everyone a such a capable driver i.e. a VTS is slower on paper than a VTS but arse up a gear change or get caught in the wrong gear and your toasted!!!

Quote: Originally posted by CUPSIZE? on 24 January 2003

Ask the powers that be? Personal opinion and freedom of speech is rapidly being diminshed again! With france Germany China and Russia failing to back America and Britain well soon have a new communist regime anyway! Best to speak while we still can.....................

possibly because we dont think out and out slanging matches are what everybody wants to read, and possibly because we think that the majority of forum users and members are a little more mature than to do that or want to do it, or to read it !

Megane R26

I dont usually bother to post, but I am thoroughly p****d off hearing cupsize ranting on about how quick his car is (yawn). You usually hear cupsize referred to with women and I think it is quite apt for him as he seems to be a complete TIT.

RM172

Funny how this topic didnt get shut down and its a hell of a lot more personal than the other one..............hmmmmm, favoritism me thinks - hard to believe its mature seeing as the average age of the forum is about 17!

come on peeps! theres no need to start one of these!

were all friends here despite some varying opinions! it doesnt matter whos car is fastest cos were all enthusiasts and love our cars no matter what! from 1.2s to 30 v6s! and also simply cos we all know mine is the greatest and fastest in the west! and the north and the..........aahhhhh f**k it, Nasas shuttle couldnt beat me!! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by CUPSIZE? on 24 January 2003

Kis 172 u can Kis 172 my arse!

Zidan - u were correct in saying it was a bit of banter! Whos mature now eh?
rather proves my point about maturity dont you think? behave for godssake all of you.

more infantile comments, this time from a forum user rather than a member! grow up children, or are you all just a bunch of tits

KIS? I cant tell whether your annoyed at the thread topic and cupsize or us 3 for tryin to cheer it up now? :(

Surely if people dont want to read sl*gging matches they just wont read them?

My car is better than anyones elses in the whole wide world! Maybe.

S2000

Having read the response on the other thread, and drawing my own opinions from other threads hes contributed to, I have come to the conclusion that CUPSIZE is a tube!!

You really do have no clue do you boy! 89KG is not enough of a difference for a a car with exactly the same engine to make much of a difference on the road. The comparison between a VTS and a 172 is a prime example, you screw up at all and a VTS will be all over you, I know Ive seen it. And no, my car is not a slow 172, I can easily stay with a 200BHP, 240lb/ft monster! Its all down to the driver at the end of the day, and its about time you stopped spouting sh1te re: your world beating fecking CUP!

P.S I have no ill feeling re: the CUP, Im still considering changing!

320d M Sport

Have i missed something?? Although i posted 2 months ago that "Cup Snobbery" was invading this forum so I cant say im surprised (sadly).

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

When you all signed up to the forum you all accepted the disclaimer. If you dont like the way the forum is moderated - its simple - just dont use it! Now get on with the serious topic in hand...

Here here!

I dont reckon there would be that much difference between a Cup and 172. Its not like the difference between a 16v and a Willy (high revs versus low down torque). Just lose the spare wheel, take a big poo and hey presto - your 172 is ready to rock!

clio 20v

lol uve got to admit though these slanging matches do brighten up the day hehe,

i gave up postin bout my races a long time ago cos its not worth the hassle u always get some knobber sayin his bit and that they know best, its also funny how people get all uptight about there cars theyve always got to be the fastest

Its funny, though, its always a major debate/argument/slanging match between 172s and something... be it a Cup, VTS, Evos, Imprezas etc...

adi, very true. Ive stopped myself posting loads of things in the past on this board.. having a 5 door Clio puts me in direct line for some stupid comments before Ive even started so I dont even bother anymore.. Pretty Sad, really.

Daz.

ok loads of bitching and comments, sod it lets just settle it and damn well street race.......

its the only way everyoine will be happy apart from the looser

Tom

Hmmm street racing - bring on the Europe trip - theyll be lots of opportunities there and a No of 172s and cups going me thinks.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 24 January 2003

Here here!

I dont reckon there would be that much difference between a Cup and 172. Its not like the difference between a 16v and a Willy (high revs versus low down torque). Just lose the spare wheel, take a big poo and hey presto - your 172 is ready to rock!

LOL "Have a poo" that class mate havent laughed my tits off for ages!!!!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

People complain if anyone shows any emotion, but to be honest this is the funniest thread Ive read on cliosport for a couple of months!

IF U THINK ITS IMMATURE DONT READ IT!!! :p

Clio 197

Those going on the European trip will have a chance to see what the score is when they get out onto the Nurburgring. I predict some surprised Clio drivers of every description...

And everybody will get a chance sort out a few top speed questions on the autobahn to and from.

Should be a great change of pace from the quarter miles, rolling roads and "street races"!

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I agree, I cant wait for the european trip. Just need to make sure I take Bens advice, have a big dump, and Ill be that little bit quicker!!! :D