ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs. M-Coupe

RenaultSport clio 182
Why is there so much Agro?? Everyone has gone off and started getting confused between a Z3 M Coupe or ZM Coupe and an M3 for a kickoff, and that video is of an older M3, no harm at having a pop! if someone doesnt believe what other people write just ignore it! dont start a screaming match.

tiTTy & SV650
chill.jpg

chill people

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
ozzyo99 said:
You mean to say you've been b*tching in this whole thread without even trully knowing what model i was speaking of? Makes sense.

And yes Ian you seem to be the only person unsure of what they are talking about. Indeed that is the correct model.

This was the one i thought of ozzy,its the same one that beats an evo6 on the top gear video in a straight line to over 100mph.

Quick car you got there mate...lol

ian

SLK 350
Quick? Yes...

But you appear to be a completely delusional fool. Please point out where exactly i made a false claim of butchering the MC, or where i stated i kept up nose to nose? As soon as you can point that out i'll retract, but until then and for the third time...please change the record you plum.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Ian clearly doesn't get it...

I bet when Evo ran the Trophy against the M6, you sent a personal letter to the Evo publisher, going on with yourself, stating that the there would be no point in racing these two cars, cos the Trophy would get mullered because of the distinctive power advantage the M6 has over the Trophy. This was not the point they were trying to make, same applies in this thread, but you are struggling to get your head round it!

We all know the M6 chewed it up, but that wasn't the point of the test.

Tyson.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That was a test and this was a d/c i.e roundabout/junction/straight
I find it hard to believe that a car with all the credentials of the BMW only pulled 5 cars on a clio.I maybe wrong who knows or maybe he pulled off in 4th

ian

E91 M Sport
My M Roadster was the fastest car I've been in :) Amazing engine. Heavy car though, needed some space to get going.

BMW 120i Sport
I loved it too :D

It was brutally faster than the 182, so much more torque. Fantastic engine, shoved like a diesel low down, blew like a turbo in the mid range and rasped like a VTEC up the top. I miss it so much, i'm deffo gonna have another M roadster one day!

What I would say is that i felt a lot more comfortable in the 182 in terms of handling, it was much more predictable and felt lighter. The M roadster was a bit scary without the traction control and almost useless in the wet!

I nearly died so many times.

BMW 120i Sport
Oh hell yes, it made me smile for sure! I'll never forget it, i'd take one over any other roadster at the moment... with a prospeed of course ;) ... maybe a Z4 M ?

Must ... resist ... !!

Clio v6
ozzyo99 said:
Was heading into leamington yesterday with the Mrs (yes +1), and just off the M69 I saw what looked like a legendary M-Coupe (i farkkkking love them), anyway we were cruising down past the Ben Hur roundabout down towards the A46. Down the A46 sliproad he booted it full whack, and i was at this point 20 yards behind him just smiling...so he booted it and i dropped the gears and tried my hardest to follow him.

Without saying too much and without exagerating, in what i estimate to be a 20/30 second chase, he pulled maybe 5 car lengths. But as soon as i hit warp speed, i backed off as i like my licence.

We got off the A46, and he too was going my way. Stopped at some lights and we both booted it down the road to the next set as we were still in a dual lane. He really didn't pull that much on me given the extra power. At the next set he wound his window down and commented on how quick the 172 was, as he'd never been up against one.

Was a lovely car though, seriously a car i would LOVE to own even if only for a year. Hens' teeth are more common, and the M3 coupe (for me) just speaks batmobile cool. Oh and it sounded like orgasm on tap!

There was an R32 having a pop too, but i think the driver was a bit poo as he just wasn't keeping up with us, was a woman driver though :)

... and all keeping under 70mph too. :D

Mars Red Clio V6 255
i used to own a m-coupe and they are crazy fast, i now have a v6 255 and the coupe would kill it for straight line pace, but even in the dry it was hard to get the power down with wheelspinning the car in the first 3 gears, the pre 2001 model did not have traction control and was a real handful esp in the wet.. it also had the older m3 engine and gave 321bhp.. the post 2001 model which was the one i had came with traction control and had 325bhp.. evo tested the old m coupe several times and got 0-60 in 4.3sec...

but fair play to the 172 driver he is not saying he beat it or the m coupe was slow just what happened.. and lets be honest in reality and on the road there is not a great deal of difference with any fast cars..