ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs TVR....pmsl

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sat at the lights last night, minding my own, when this young guy pulled up in a convertible tvr, i thought 'ello, lets see what we have here', gave it beans when the lights went green, but he was having none of it, so i tootled down the ring road at about 60mph.... oh dear.... This was when i thought world war 3 had started; The noise!!! he absolutely hammered past me, and i can safely say i've never in my life physically seen a car accelerate so bloody fast! or loud! or with the front so high in the air!! Christ on a bike!! Guess whats going on my list of my fave 3 cars!!!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Dont worry be sure in the knowledge that it will break down probably when its raining...!

R27 - 77/500
i had a similar experience last nite with an r34 skyline, was following me out of town n then we went, thought i was doing well......................... for the first second, then wham, what a machine and what a nice noise. i liked

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i'm not too sure what one it was, it had two motorbike style cans pointing towards the back of the car, about three seperate lights on each front wing, and it had a soft top.......

Lux'd Glacier White R26
What model was it?

Their entry level T350 (i think it is anyway) has around 300 bhp / ton and it only produce 350bhp... Incredibley light, and incredibley quick!

Tyson.

FordFocus
Tyson-182 said:
What model was it?

Their entry level T350 (i think it is anyway) has around 300 bhp / ton and it only produce 350bhp... Incredibley light, and incredibley quick!

Tyson.

there light for a reason though, no airbags and no NCAP testing so presumably no heavy impact structure to pass these tests, would never like to have a crash in one !!

Although they do sound great and are still safer than any bike :)

Mark

Clio 182 + Recaros
Someones bound to say they could mash a TVR in a Clio !

But without some seriously frightening mod's its never going to happen.

TVR's are a serious handful but they are sports cars par excellence !

vx220
GM_182 said:
Someones bound to say they could mash a TVR in a Clio !

But without some seriously frightening mod's its never going to happen.

TVR's are a serious handful but they are sports cars par excellence !
Even if you did have seriously frightening mods short of a whole engine transplant there would be no hope!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

466a54e2.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
just done a search on google, it was a tvr tuscan convertible..... I want and need a tvr tuscan.....

1996 Valver
I was out on my motorbike, now that is pretty rapid, 0-60 3.5ish seconds, but nothing compared to a mates skyline, about 650hp (goes through g/boxes like petrol!) Saw him pull up behind me, and as soon as he got traction (3rd gear!) he was gone, Back end was twitching and flames spiting out the exhaust!

Just unbelievable seeing these cars go at full whack!

Racin Blue 182
My old man works for TVR at the factory in Blackpool. Lol at the candy floss and coke cans - not far off though - fibreglass body!!!

133/225/CLS AMG
They are stunning looking cars and so bloody fast!!

I saw a Tuscan a while back when I had my 172, thing was the guy came of a roundabout, booted it and fishtailed at me!!! Had to slow down and steer, I did sh!t though haha. I just thought, 'Its fast but please learn to control it!' lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
TomS said:
was it a red/burgundy colour Dan?

I'm not a fan of TVR's

Nah mate, it was dark blue with a blue mohair roof, and carbon exhaust cans.

completely off topic thomas, but i've just taken in a blue valver.......decisions decisions......lol!

Vee dub
superfastdan said:
Nah mate, it was dark blue with a blue mohair roof, and carbon exhaust cans.

completely off topic thomas, but i've just taken in a blue valver.......decisions decisions......lol!

Details? not a blue phase one with turbines by any chance?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
^^ yeah, lowered & exhaust. Quite tidy but needs quite a bit of work, but i can can get it for reasonable money........

SLK 350
Tuscan S is the car, only problem being that apparently a lot of Tuscan drivers complain about being blinded by the dials on a sunny day (they're made of metal and have a nice mirror effect when the sun hits them). Then there's the poor reliability...but i'd still have one in an instant, if only for a summer stint.

t0m

Megane 225 Turbo
He was probably speeding back for some warranty work. A friend at work passed his test at 17, but never bought a car til he was 28 and it was a Tuscan. He said that when it worked, it was amazing, and to this day I've not heard much that compare to that rumbling in the car-park and whooshing off up the road. Gorgeous car.

In a strange twist of fate, he wrote it off and while he bides his time to buy another car he's got a Black/gold 182. Strange turn of events.

Clio 172mk2
JJ thats pure sex wee

totally different league to our clio.

i think every one should try doing a tvr , youve got a chance there will break :p

went out in my mates tuscan S last summer and it was phenomenal

somethign went bang on the engine though so he removed it and sent it away to be repaired

should be back up and running soon - total cost of repair £4,100

Vee dub
superfastdan said:
^^ yeah, lowered & exhaust. Quite tidy but needs quite a bit of work, but i can can get it for reasonable money........

That's Chris's old motor mate.... he traded it in for a cup...