ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs VTS vs Proton vs others

megane coupe F7R

Nice one mate.At the end it sort of proves that the 172 aint any better at cornering than the vts. The vts was all over it like a bad rash until the straights.

I think alot of that if Tiffs driving. I think he is a much better driver. Not putting the VTS down though.

Would be intresting to see them swap cars :)

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

had 2 vtss over 4 years b4 my 182 both were on uprated suspension though ( 1 koni the other gaz ) would be close in the dry 182 would kill my vtss in the wet and slauters my mates standard vts all round

ex Clio 172 owner :(

^^ but its not a 182.

Ive had a few dabbles with a 172. There really isnt much in it. Unless either driver is a pillock.

Been a subject of much deabte on here many many times.

Remapped derv Golf

The VTS has weight on its side. The power to weight ratio is so good because of this - plus that VTS is a 130bhp model id imagine.

Dont get me wrong I loved my VTR and have nothing against the Saxos. Except for the pillocks that drive em these days! (Chris and the VTS excluded from that statement)

Fill the Saxos boot with a few paving stones or bags of gravel for good measure ;)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Not causing an argument but the Cup handles better than mk1 172..... But i agree you should never put down the VTS/GTi

172beast

Quote: Originally posted by Floodie on 19 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 19 April 2005

^^ but its not a 182.-
makes no diff

Cause it does, the mk1 172 has completly different suspension setup to the 182. I have a mk1 172, standard suspension and have chased many a 182 cup round Bedford track before, ones with Cup pack out handle the mk1 easily. That video seems fair to me, imo a VTS/106 GTi would stick with a 172 round twistys easy and good uns will stick with a 172 in a straight line till 80/90mph ish.

and Craggys will muller most of them... freaky little French things, but Id deffo have one if it wasnt for the image as they are a good car... well, I wouldnt have one as its too small for me, but for arguements sake!

172 cup TT

fair point - stupidly posted before seeing the vid and reading the txt fully... as i own a 172 cup i "assumed" the "172" stated was similar to mine...

Failing that, great retro vid.. that Civic £18k!.. blimey...