ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 wheel offset question, need quick answer!!

I have the chance of some alloys, these are 7x18" ET45 100 PCD

will i have any probs with this offset??

I went on one of those fitment guides and it says Clio Sport mk2 has an offset of 35 - 45.

Which will tuck them under the arches more?? 35 or 45.

I am looking at buying these this week so a quick answer would be appreciated if any one can help!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
The smaller the offset the further out the wheels sit.

So changing from wheels with a 48.5 mm offset to ones with a 45 mm offset pushes all the wheels out 3.5 mm and widens the track by 2 x 3.5 mm = 7 mm.

will the 7 x 18" ET45 fit under my arches okay? I was thinking of 205/35/18 tyres.

I have the chance of these alloys and was wanting a definate answer before parting with the money.

I know about slowing it down etc, but these will be for show really, ill have standards for winter, track etc.

anyone answer for definate, ?? fred???

fred will tell you ET37 is correct - i have 17 in et37 but the rears rub the outside of the arch a little - I think an ET38-40 would be best but could be talking b****cks

Lionel Richie
45's will be ok, but you'll probably need 5mm spacers

tim, stop being soft ;) (did you remove those tabs i told you about?)

yup - tabs removed but still touches a small amount somewhere on the arch - only when my boy is in the back though coming off speed bumps or a dip in the road - not really bothered about it but when I get some new wheels will go for ET40 (or as close as possible) to see if it helps.
havin the camber done this week ordered some bolts off you friday bit twitchy at the front

oh yeah Fred can you send that part back to me - have e-mailed you my address.