ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 won't start.

Clio 172 Sport
Got in the car this morning to go to work. Turned ignition on, immobiliser light didn't go out, car wouldn't start. Tried a second time and the immobiliser light went out but still nothing apart from a lot of clicking from the dash and all the dash lights/interior lights and indicators flashing. The car has a Toad alarm fitted which controls all the locking/starting but this appears to be functioning fine. Tried both keys and alarm fobs, same issue.

With tho all the clicking noises I'm getting I assume it could be a relay????

Fortunately I had the Mondeo to jump in to get to work. Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Mine used to do this loads mate. I found if I kept trying to start it eventually it would fire up.

Since fitting a new battery my car hasn't don't it once. Maybe a coincidence but it seems to have sorted it.

2003 172
As Sunglasses Ron has said. Also try turning ignition on wait 30 seconds then turn off and on quickly. I had same issue and a mate who worked for Renault told me it's a common problem, confused immobiliser or something and this resets sets it. Worked for me. Goodluck.

Clio 172 Sport
Cheers I'll try that. Was a bit of a pisser. Car has ran fine in the 9 days I've owned it. The first time I NEED it to work and it doesn't.