ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172cup engine in a mk1 1.2?

vw bora
well i've just picked me up a 172cup engine box and basically every thing to do a conversion and now its just down to picking the right car, i've been thinking of putting it in a mk1 1.2 as i have all the suspension brakes ect off the cup but i was just wandering if anybody has done this before and come accross big problems and really anything i should be looking out for, any help would be much appreciated :)

Lionel Richie
not into a mk1 i haven't, but it can't be much different to dropping it into a mk2

mechanically - easy, just the exhaust needs "adjusting" IIRC

foxy is your man/rig up master

get a valver shell so if you did fit the 172 running gear (only wishbones, hubs and brakes fit) you need to machine the hubs to fit the mk1 shocks too....

mk1 1.2 shell with 172 front running gear the wheels wont fit in the arches, so get a valver shell so the wheels will fit...

then need wiring sorting, ecu decoding (unless you transfer the whole mk2 loom into the mk1) depends if you want to keep mk1 clocks etc...

matteh will be along to comment shortly no doubt ;)