ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172Cup Mod’s

well, its in the cliocup racer chassis with the sadev unit......and that with the std 175-180 bhp does 0-100 in about 11 secs...........you cant really compare it to the std clio....totally diff car.

but i didnt time it......it is far faster, and pickup/torque spread is so much better.

But it is fairly expensive.

Ben,

Are the throttle bodies in any way harmful to the engine?? do you need to replace any pistons etc or clutch, gearbox to handle the extra power??

what would the 0-62 time be like?

nope.....once you fit it, and set it up..........

then there is no more harm than the std injection system.

although, you are processing more air, and the VE at higher RPM is increased, high rpm power MIGHT put some extra strain on it....but were running about 240 with new Renault sport cams (of which i have no idea about profile, they just supplied them......and we have no probs.

But our engine is blueprinted.....i.e. measured and balaned to perfection.

oh, in teh std car i cant say.....to many variables....but you should be able to do close to 6 secs........

i choke per cylinder...so 4

and a we ran new management....magneti maranelli.......junked the independant ignition controla sthe new management had 3D ignition maps.

bump! Who was it that wanted to post that pic of the exhaust?

Happy new year by the way!

not so happy for me as have done my leg in snowboarding :(

So BenR cant you just put 1 bigger throttle body on there and remap the standard ecu? How much would that cost and what kind of bhp increase??

emailed pic to The-Gza to post so should be seen soon, it is a lovely bit of kit and Ive been promosed the first one that K-Tec will fit! ready for the midland RR day!

cool........

well, fitting a larget TB aint as simple as that. But essentially, yes, you could do that, but it wont give the gains of a full set of throttle bodies. So, its roughly 700 quid for the larger TB, then remap and RR time so well say about 1200 quid. OR the full weber alpha gold kit for 2K and a lot more pwer and tractability. But, cost might be an issue.

BHP increase i cant say, as itll be the sum total of the TB gains, plus the remap and operators skills. But im not sure if many places have the ability to just "remap" the RENIX system as its quite a fortress. Thats why the whole new replacement management system might be abetter choice as you can control more parameters and more people are experienced with the software.