ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172s temporary replacement...

Mk4 .:R32
Well after selling the 172 to a fellow member (even though transaction is yet to be completed lol, its 99% there though), I've kinda jumped into getting a mk4 astra gsi. It's not a long term thing, just wanted a bit of a toy with boost and that's bigger and more comfortable than a coilover'd 172, until around summer time when I'll get something cheaper to run and more grown up...well that's the plan.

It's a decent spec, stage 1 EDS remap, so its around 235-240bhp. And a few other bits, inc. a dump valve, 50/30mm eibach springs and light tints...:dead: be taking that off soon. Loving heated leather recaros as well :D

Probably not a great deal faster to 60 due to lack of traction, but much faster to 100+. I guess the majority on a clio forum won't like it, but hey it fits the bill for now and was relatively cheap for the spec and mileage.

IMG_6696.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
I like it, the clean lines of the bodywork work really well. Interior sounds perfect too.

thinking of getting the wheels refurbed back to silver to be honest. the spoiler is standard, but I kinda like it!

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
I like it. Are the wheels not that colour from the factory? Theres a nice blue one down the road from me with the same wheels

Ian

Focus TDCi
I'd be tempted to leave them that colour. If they were a brighter silver they might be a bit distracting. I agree with Justin, just lose the tints I think.

Turbos.
I like the front bumper on them, but not keen on the rest. Not much you can do with the Mk4 Astra though! Never knew they had Recaros, let alone heated ones! Nice touch...

Yeah its 197bhp standard. Think it's same engine as the astra VXR just with smaller turbo etc. Quite a few people do the vxr conversion, canny be arsed with that to be honest. I suppose it's just an astra at the end of the day, as said there's little to do to them cosmetic wise without making it look like a chav-mobile!

Once I've done a couple of hundred more miles I do a comparison thread :)

Coiley'd Clio PH2
I think thats really nice as it is. Looks clean and nicely done.
Any pics of the interior?

Trophy #490
Always liked these, they do 'em in that gorgeous blue colour aswell (Arden Blue I think?). Never had a go in one, but I think it's a great 'temporary replacement'!

arctic 182 ff
I like these was out in a friend of a friends one yesterday after getting it mapped and tweeked made 252 bhp power delivery very smooth,very comfy cars.smart that !

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
looks like a very very nice example. I have had 2 mk4 Astras. 1 started life as a 2.0 SRi, and I lumped a Cavalier turbo engine and box into it - sold that and bought a 2004 Black GSi. Sort of regretted selling that as it had loads of potential.

Iceburg 172
Im actually looking to get one of these when I sell the 172...ive always liked them. Looks quite tidy.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
looks like a very very nice example. I have had 2 mk4 Astras. 1 started life as a 2.0 SRi, and I lumped a Cavalier turbo engine and box into it - sold that and bought a 2004 Black GSi. Sort of regretted selling that as it had loads of potential.
was it x258huy ????

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. My mate had a Raaaaaaapid one. 300bhp and 350ft/lb of torque...maybe more.

2098333445a5244427864l.jpg

2098333445a5244427819l.jpg

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
get stage 2 mate whack some coilovers on and your away. nice example btw

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Awesome!
Chassis was sorted by Lotus too so no slouch in the corners. I'd like one, but don't want a more grown up car, so my Clio will stay for a bit longer!