ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17s on a phase 2 1.4 clio?

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
hello all,

just a quickie.

will 17" alloys fit on a 53 plate clio(phase 2) with out having to modify the arches?

dont worry there not goin on the cup its for my little bro on his 1.4!!!

any help would be spot on!

cheers davo

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Yes 17s should fit with no problems as long as there the correct offset and width. They may rub the inside of the arch a little on full lock tho.

Also needs to be lowered or it'd look like a rollerskate. 40-60mm is usually good and still no arch work required.

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
thank you for that what offset would they require the tyre size is 205/40/17 is it easy to lower it ( just incase you think its Davo talking here its his mum, its a christmas presentfor our other son, want to get it done as a surprise.) need all the help I can.

Clio
well ur gona feel the difference in power thats for sure. iv put 17s on minez and it aint a nippy as it was before, no rubing tho fits fine.

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
If my bro puts 17s with 40mm rubber will the speedo need recalabrating ? also if he lowers it by 40mm will it rub?