ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18’s on 2002 1.4 16v sport

is it possible to get 18s on the new 2002 renault clio 1.4 16v sport?

I would still wanna drop the car too, maybe 40mm-ish...is that still gonna be a option....

if poss can u give me deffinate answers to this as I dont wanna spend a fortune on rims to find out they dont fit!

cheer guys, helpful as always,

David

theyll fit - youll have mild occasional scrubbing but most do.

go a wheel that looks bigger than it is - remember the 106gti in fast care - fcuk me they looked like 21s

saw a phase 2 last night and he had managed to put 18s on and lower it 60mm, only scrubbed on really rough surfaces when turning hard.

they will fit ok with a bit of work but you might loose a bit of handling! and hold on to that wheel as you will tram line like a good un.

thanks for the help guys..... so whats the ideal then???? go for 17s and drop it 60ish or 18s and maybe only 35mm.....Ive got a black 2002 1.4 16v on order and I was thinkin of rollin it on ACE 197s in black silver...do u reckon its a good choice....for anyone who hasnt seem em and cant get hold of a pic (sorry couldnt find one on the net!) they are sorta v.thin 12/6 spoke (2 spokes close together at a time) in a nice black crome finish..

opinions?

Thanks guys,

David

Lionel Richie

60mm on 18s no problem, a friend of a friend of mine in ireland dropped his 70mm on 18s (white clio in fast car) he cut the springs

Yeah I saw that, it was a few issues back wasnt it. Sweet car, surely ur gona loose out on accelerationa and such like by putting 18s on it though.

to be honest mate the Clio I saw on 18s, although they were good wheels, they were just too big for the car. He was using Technomags (speeling) multi-spokes. I think 17s are really big enuogh, plus, the price difference between 17s and 18s is HUGE! Is it woth the extra?
Try a set of Black Chrome BK121s, they look absolutely nuts on a black car, that or a set of rally style compomotice mos in white, they would look trick against the black car!

@Fred, lol, thats true but 18s would make it go even slower!
Although 18s r nice, not that Im sl*gging them off or n e thing! I think thats 17s will look v sweet, but

Lol, soz I pressed the wrong button!
I was just gona say that that is personal pref and 17s set the car off really well. (If that makes n e sense!)