ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182’s cheap in Scotland

I went to my local dealer in aberdeen just after the 182 launch and asked him what the bottom line would be on a new 182. He reckoned he couldnt do any lower than the list or give me a 172 for £14k. HA! I pointed out I could get a new one for under £13k from other sources, but to no avail. Has anyone in Aberdeen or anywhere in Scotland managed to get a deal for a 182 from a dealer. (Or are they just tight cos its aberdeen) Id be looking at getting met paint, cup suspension + spoiler. Also, are there any demos cos I havent seen one properly yet! Cheers

Thanks, just been on here and seen that others have managed to get decent discount from their dealer. Itd be less hassle than internet companies, and less risky (theoretically!?). Great test drive report btw, good to see the 172 and 182 side by side

CMRsi, it is not less risky at all to be honest. Look at the posts of people who have bought 182s through brokers. Most of them will tell you that the car you buy will either be delivered to your door or you can pick it up from your local dealer anyway, it has just been bought through a broker.

If you did a survey on the number of 172s bought through a UK dealer or bought as an EU import I am sure the Imports would outweigh the UK cars without a doubt, when you can save so much money then it seems silly not to at least seriously think about it. Up to you mate.

I am very happy with the photos I managed to get of the 182, especially side by side, go and test drive one if you can, a Renault dealer near you must be having a demo in surely.

Good luck anyway !

yeah, it is a big saving. the uk cars through a broker is probably the best option then. Theres only one main dealer in aberdeen, havent seen anything in yet, probably have a look in at the weekend

I am friends with a salesman from Vardys in Aberdeen and he tried to do his VERY best for me too but couldnt budge on the list price! The cheaper places all buy in bulk and can afford to sell them cheaper cos they buy them cheaper! Try Macro.

Hi,

Arnold Clark in Dundee offered me a 182 with cup options (spolier/suspension) and metalic paint for £13600. That was with out even haggaling..