ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 0-60 Times

Clown Car
Finally got Tempes GTi working on my Nokia 6680 yesterday, downloaded it and paid for the unlock code as it would not work properly otherwise.

http://www.tempes.com/index.html

Found a nice quiet stretch of dual carriageway with plenty of laybys so i could stop and launch again with a 60 mph limit, managed to get a best of 8.1 secs 0 - 60, BUT the car has only done 3,500 miles, the engine is still very tight, it was very warm, my launch control was not perfect, had half a tank of fuel, lots of junk in car and a severe weight disadvantage of me and my brother - lol, we are not little guys, gonna go back out tommorrow and have another go on my own.

Banana
Shameful! Get your ass out there and light up those front tyres lol.

Nah, you'll beat that when you shed some weight mate, promise!

Clown Car
It uses gps, most gps manufacturers quote 0.1mph accuracy, but due to signal degradtion from atmospheric conditions 0.5mph accuracy is more typical.

Clown Car
16v_jon said:
6.36 boot full of junk me (17stone) and 10k engine

Lets just say me and my brother are probably the equivalent in weight of a small family - lol (Ex rugby players).

Edit - Any engine mods?.

Last edited:
Mark5290 said:
Lets just say me and my brother are probably the equivalent in weight of a small family - lol (Ex rugby players).

Edit - Any engine mods?.
He has a converted 1.2 not sure on the spec which jon based his time but its a quick one anyway.

Mercedes SLK350
Mark5290 said:

I think he means a small family of hippos. We probably add another quarter of a ton to the weight of the car.

Plus the weight of the fuel, the dead body in the boot and the hot weather all adds up to a severe power to weight penalty.

I think 8.1 to 60 was not a bad first attempt considering the above variables.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I'm having similar problems...clocked roughly 7.3 0-60 with my girlfriend in with me and humidty at 85% and air temp of 36 degrees. Not exactly ideal conditions!! But other cars are suffering aswell,i was neck and neck with a golf GTI MKV upto 80 MPH before we slowed down for lights,i was always half a car length in front.

clio 172
hi the best i have had in my 172 is 7.5 on my own hot weather 3/4 of petrol
i know this thread was 4 182 owners but 172/182 have the same times pretty much
but on a bad day ive done it in 9.6!!!!! shocking

Clio Cup
Its this hot weather, my car feels s**t. I actually feel a bit vulnerable that some bloke in a ferrari 430 or similar might have a chance to scalp me and then post a "I scalped a 172 cup" post on the ferrari forums :).

al

ST on the way...
8.1? Mine does 8.8 (and it's a 1.6) :D

We'll let you off with the tightness and variables tho ;)

Richy123 said:
Its this hot weather, my car feels sh*t. I actually feel a bit vulnerable that some bloke in a ferrari 430 or similar might have a chance to scalp me and then post a "I scalped a 172 cup" post on the ferrari forums :).

That's f**king funny.

Nippy white cup
No m8...vbox its the timing gear all the mags use (iirc)

I managed a 5.39 0-60 with rears out...182 mani/decat exhaust, rsport ecu and open bmc induction kit

Chris

Maz said:
7.32 at FCS with two people in the car, sub amp and weekend luggage ..:eek:

not bad for all that weight ur carrying;) .......never really tried as i'd defo stall it on the line

C

Cupster

Chris n nic said:
No m8...vbox its the timing gear all the mags use (iirc)

I managed a 5.39 0-60 with rears out...182 mani/decat exhaust, rsport ecu and open bmc induction kit

Chris

Nice times. Got a prospeed, decat and BMC. Looking for the Mani and remap soon, was wondering what sort of times I should be seeing - nice!! :)

Nippy white cup
Cheers fella...I`ll be getting a remap soon so it should be a little bit smoother and maybe even quicker lol!

Chris

Jap Shed
Finally got Tempes GTi working on my Nokia 6680 yesterday, downloaded it and paid for the unlock code as it would not work properly otherwise.

http://www.tempes.com/index.html

Found a nice quiet stretch of dual carriageway with plenty of laybys so i could stop and launch again with a 60 mph limit, managed to get a best of 8.1 secs 0 - 60, BUT the car has only done 3,500 miles, the engine is still very tight, it was very warm, my launch control was not perfect, had half a tank of fuel, lots of junk in car and a severe weight disadvantage of me and my brother - lol, we are not little guys, gonna go back out tommorrow and have another go on my own.

do u need gps in ur car to use this?