ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182/172 vs williams

clio 182 ff
hi ya people been reading a lot of threads about people fighting which is better the 182/172 etc or the williams.

williams back in the day was s**t hot but i think the 182/172 or alot better to drive an to proframe, but thats what i think

whats ur views???:)

Polo GTi
I have both, Williams is better, IMHO, not saying anything is wrong with my Cup as its great, but I still prefer the Williams, and am very glad I didn't get rid when I got the Cup

williams and trophy
in what way??

the seats are comfier than the newer shape ones, the driving position better

the air con and all the toys i dont want/need.

for a drivers car, theres no comparison.

braggin down the pub as to what extras your car has.then a 1*2

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
ive got a williams and had a 172 before have to say the williams is the better car in terms of driving but in hot weather boy do i miss my aircon lol.
i still cant get over just how nice the seats are there amazing for a standard seat thats around 13 years old.

I had a Williams that cost me over £20k to buy, maintain and mod, so it cost the earth and wasn't worth it... would I do it again in hind sight? Hell f**king yeah I would, it's the best car I have ever owned.

Seats take the piss out of my 172 ones for comfort, holding support, driver position and looks.

Steering feedback is better.

Standard for standard the Williams is faster (imo and backed up by SQM results)

It handles in a different league, and I mean totally different league!

Looks are personal, but again, imo it looks so much more aggressive and special.

It lacks toys, but I've had those in previous cars and tbh it's not anything I'm particularly bothered about...

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
faster im not sure about personally below 50ish it seems so, slightly but at higher speeds im sure the little extra power of my 172 would pull slightly on the williams.
agree with everything else you said tho.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
whats 22k BE? mines totally standard and never really feel much difference apart from lower down the revs where the williams feels more alive.

Scirocco GT 210
hi ya people been reading a lot of threads about people fighting which is better the 182/172 etc or the williams.

williams back in the day was s**t hot but i think the 182/172 or alot better to drive an to proframe, but thats what i think

whats ur views???:)

Why not also start a 172/182 vs 197 thread while you're at it, since you're in the mood is start forum wars. lol

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
williams are cool but feeling old inside now

think williams are one of the best on a track

172 cup is the fastest acc 2.0 clio but think 172s and 182s handle well

trophy is the daddy of the handling

Shed.
williams evry time.

has been proven time and time again.

yeah. the willy, despite it's flaws, and most of which are because the car is now 12 years old, the willy will allways be the best. Regardless of whether the 172/182 is better to drive and more powerfull, and has more refinements etc etc etc.

MCS R56
in what way??

Nasty, horrid dash. The interior is shocking. I don't care if it's old, the person who designed it didn't try!

clio 182 ff
Why not also start a 172/182 vs 197 thread while you're at it, since you're in the mood is start forum wars. lol[/QUOTE]

yeah should do, i like all clios think they r all great cars.justed wanted to see what people thought was the better car all around hey people u all own clios so u all have good taste in my eyes:rasp:

in what way??

Nasty, horrid dash. The interior is shocking. I don't care if it's old, the person who designed it didn't try!

lol, pretty fun coming from a cup owner :clown:

it's down to taste at the end of the day... sadly you were blessed with none :rasp:

williams and trophy
in what way??

i take it your on about the 172 there???

the dash, not exactly aston martin spec, but hey, it gives you all the info u need to know, oil press, water temp, revs, speed, oil temp......does the 1*2 give you all this info??

interior in the williams...well.if you think its horrid, you obviously have never sat in one, the seats a lot more adjustable than the 1*2's , a lot more comfortable, a lot more supporting etc etc etc.. they are, tbh , probably one of the comfiest car seats i have ever sat in , fitted to a production car

williams and trophy
even the valver is above the 1*2 in my books on driver feel and interior comfort.

the recaros in the 182 come close tho

I'd love some new seats for mine tbh... these ones are too high in position, uncomfy and hard feeling on anything more than an hour long journey and to top it off they dont really hold you all that well... as your lad can confirm Jon! ;) lol