ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182/197

alrite, hopefully will have money in place to get the car iv wanted for ages - a 182. However with the price of 197's coming down do you think it would be better to spend the extra on a 197 or hunt for a low mile 182? What prices do you think id be looking at for a FF 182? in the sales threads its looks about 6-8k. And what prices for a FF 197?

i do keep looking from time to time on autotrader/pistonheads/cliosport for these kinds of cars but just wanted individual advice.

Thanks for any help

paddy.

I do liek how the 197 is a little bigger inside and out. Is there much difference in performance? what price would you think a 197 cup would be for a year/2 old and a few k miles on it?

Sorry mate not a UK resident at all , but in terms of straightline performance there's very very little in it.In terms of going round bends the 197 has it though.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
197, much more of a car imo, and doesnt feel 20 years old ;)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
cups are less than a year old so I doubt you'll find one sub 10k yet, earlier 197s will defo be about for around the 9.5k-10k mark now though for a decent 1.

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
I had the same dilemma a couple of months ago. I decided on a 197 with less gadgets on than a FF 182.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Whats a 57/08 cup worth now, used??

As dealers are knocking them out for £13K with options??

Seen 57 ex demo with options for £11400!!!

Much prefer the 182. i knwo itsa touchy subject with some folks on here 172/182 but i would be that or a 197. Would there be much in the difference of insurance?

Swift Sport
I've had a 172, 182 and a 197

The 197 is obviously the better car, and performance-wise there is naff-all in it.

So it's upto you really matey ;)