ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Alarm

MY10 R35 GTR
Got 182 last saturday.... loving it. only down side is that the alarm has gone off 3 times since. seems to be every second day. Anyone had a similar problem?

Taking the car up to get the splitter fittied because it wasn't on when i picked the car up.

Only other compaints it a bit of misting in the headlight, that'll be covered under warrenty so no rush to fix it and at idle the tappets s
are a bit loud??

Having not sat in a 182 to before I dunno if its just the nature of the beast and still need a bit of bedding in or not?

Audi TT roadster
looks like you might have the same problem as me. my dealer is getting me a replacement while mine is off the road. its undrivable cos the alarm constantly goes off while driving. Not bad service but it is the salesman who is arranging the temp car and not the service dept.

MY10 R35 GTR
I dont have the alarm goin on when I'm driving. defo an attention getter, lol

how old is ur car??

i left mine at the tard at my work, old reason I new it had gone off was cos when i unlocked it it beeped 4 times. The car never beeps when I lock or unlock the car. The dealer said it shouldn't.

Audi TT roadster
its 8 months old, ive had it for 3 weeks. love the car but could do without the alarm. loads of people kept lookin at me! being 22 it must have looked like i had nicked it! so i told them that i was!:D . it has stopped doing it now but i think it might start again.

MY10 R35 GTR
mine seems to do it every seconf day. going back to dealers the morrow get the splitter fitted. see if they can have a look at the alarm,

If they find anything I let you know just incase it mite be worth having a look on your motor

Clio 182
Neil_C said:
the alarm constantly goes off while driving.
my 99 Clio used to do it, you'd get warning beeps as if you'd left a door open,
then the lights and siren would kick in, didn't affect the driving,
but you had to stop asap and take the key out to reset with the fob.

The dealer (Renault London West) had the car on two seperate occasions but couldn't find the fault.
The Renault / Cobra alarm person denied it could activate while the car was running.

It turned out to be a loose wire in the top of the unit.
Thank you Waters service centre in Batford.