ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Black/ Gold Cleaning

Clio Sport II

Hi

Having just washed and waxed my car, it looks stunning. I am using Meguiars NXT car wash and NXT Tech Wax, is there any other products I could use after using these to give it that little bit extra shine??

106 GTi

I sue a wax called Souveran as the final product on mine as it is formaulated for dark paint inparticular black.

When preparing paint the whole prep process will give you the overall look. A good polish first to remove any inperfections before sealing and waxing will set up the overall look.

I polish mine with Autoglym Super resin, Glaze with Clearkote hand or machine glaze, Seal with Poorboys EX and wax with Souveran. Lots of steps but worth it.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/r-jay-clio/Hillclimb/IMG_1593-small.jpg

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

lol r-jay I think you have put him off with all them steps.
rabbiedee Any chance of some pics PLEASE! :D

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Where do you get souveran from Rjay, even better if youve got a link.

Clio 182

that looks good. I dont think ive ever seen a car that clean. Puts my efforts to shame !!!! How long do you (or others spend) getting it to that sort of standard !!! I probably spend a couple of hours maybe three and thats inside and out.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

r-jay - is that all by hand as well? No motorised polishers, etc?

Id really like to set aside a weekend to get rid of the factory-fitted swirl marks and general crapiness of the Clios paintwork.

How did you learn all this? Was it trial & error or being shown how to do it correctly???

D.

106 GTi

Yeah I do have a PC in the above pic. But you can great results by hand. This was pre PC.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/r-jay-clio/Clearkote%20Test/P4240010.jpg

Darren, mostly trial and error at first, but for things like machine polishing mostly from guys who have them from CS and http://www.autopia.org/HERE

On lighter colour cars I have been able to remove all the marks and swirls by hand, on Black Gold I gave up and brought the PC. As good as it did look there was some minor marring that would have taken ages to remove by hand and then maybe not.

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by optical on 05 August 2005
Where do you get souveran from Rjay, even better if youve got a link.

I brought my last lot from Autopia when they here selling it off.

My first pot came from

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/HERE

Not sure how much dearer it works out than importing it yourself. Durability is poor so you need a sealant under it, but its looks are second to none.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

So how would you start out - say, with the car caked in daily crap?

Would you hand wash the car, buff dry and then build-up the wax & polish in layers? How often do you actually use the PC? Id imagine that you wouldnt use it everytime?

Id be interested in buying a PC - as long as I didnt make the paintwork any worse! ;)

D.

106 GTi

I start of washing as listed http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=138293&PagePosition=1HERE

Then polish, seal and wax.

I have used the PC on my car once or twice since I have had it. Once to give it a really good polish to remove the swirls, then another time to try out some other products.

After you have removed all the swirls if you are sensible and carefull washing then you shouldnt have to remove them all again.

Some guys on here use the PC for every stage. I still tend to seal and wax by hand, so havent used my machine as much as others. On the other hand I have done a fair few cars for other people and friends so mine has payed fr itself.

As long as you dont start buffing dirty cars etc, the PC should be safe. Its not like a rotary where you can burn through the paint.

I was lucky to be able to trey before I brought with someones PC, may be worth seeing if anyone local has one to demo.

For those interested in souveran I would advise using it almost as a beauty cream over an existing sealant as durability is not its strong point!

106 GTi

Agreed - thats essential advice, my car leaves inside pretty much 7 days a week but as I said earlier I always use it over a sealant, Souveran for is for the looks .

Porsche GT4, Eagle

Quote: On the other hand I have done a fair few cars for other people and friends so mine has payed fr itself.

Dont suppose you would do mine? (For a fee of course!)

Where do you live?

Porsche GT4, Eagle

Ah! Thats not too bad - I live in Stratford.

Would you be willing to do my car?

How much would you charge?

Feel free to email or PM.

Cheers

Ben

r-jay, what do you use on your tyres? Im using maguires Endurance High Gloss but doesnt look quite as neat as yours. Maybe Im just not applying it right.

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Jon_1 on 06 August 2005
r-jay, what do you use on your tyres? Im using maguires Endurance High Gloss but doesnt look quite as neat as yours. Maybe Im just not applying it right.

Jon I use Auotoglym Vinyl and Rubber on the tyres.

LOL@ you other two so do I!

Ben ( Guzzler) I will drop you a pm.