ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Blueflame fitted - FINALLY

tiTTy & SV650
review:

been out and done 100+ miles on B roads today, went on to the motorway too to see what it was like. I'll start with the boring motorway: totally unobtrusive when cruising, only notice it being louder when you accelerate in gear and even more so when you drop a cog.

out on the back roads, feels smoother through the rev range (suggesting less mid range torque?), but still has the 5k kick. Still hits 40 in 1st and 65 in 2nd (on the clock).

Sound wise sounds good, nice burble on start up and idles a little louder than normal, sounds quite raspy at the moment, so maybe when it carbons up some more it'll seal any leaks at the joins / welds and stop that. It's bedding in still but as and when I notice changes / improvements I'll let you all know.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Love mine and they do get louder with age, had mine fitted in May!

Last edited:
  Turbo Beige
Mines now been on since September last year and has done 30k. Mine is different to Rory's becasue the tailpipes are welded to the system (the way they should be, think its a bit weird and very poor that they aren't) and the adjustment between the two pipes is at the tailpipe, not between the boxes as like Rory's. I have had the same experiances, louder on startup and tickover, sounds much better while accellrating and doesn't get obtrusive on the motorway. I would say that the exhaust should not leak from new, and rellying on a 'carbon' build-up to seal it is not really the way to do it.

Sounds best with the backseats and sound-proofing out while thrashing the tits out of it at 7k round a track!!!!

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
looking good rory.

I've got one of these fitted too. it's sounds great. It's bedded in nicely, got a really nice raspy sound.

tiTTy & SV650
cheers. the tailpipes are am integral part of the system, its the trims which aren't and doesnt bother me at all, rarely do I look under the car...

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Mine was fitted by blueflame and i have different clamps to hold my tailpipes on - prefer mine - much smaller and match in more with the exhaust

tiTTy & SV650
yes lots of blue smoke when first running it, due to the oil and grease and stuff on the metal I guess.

the fiat coupe behind me must have thought I was in a DCi

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Looking good Rory, exhausts sit just out enough from the bodywork. Need to hear this once it's bedded in and you give it some beans on the b-roads. Glad your happy with the fitment.

Nissan 350Z
Mine is a little raspy after roughly 1000 or maybe more miles on, but only really at about 3500 to 4000 rpm.

Cant say i've noticed any torque loss. If anything, it feels more torquey to me.

Quiet when just going around town, but pretty loud when going for it. Not bad, but i crave some induction noise as well.

tiTTy & SV650
yeah i dont think its lost torque, feels smoother up to 5k rpm IMO now.

I now have an ITG to add too, see if that helps hide the rasp?

tiTTy & SV650
update:better at lower revs feels less laboured in traffic, more driveable than it was as standard.

Rory that looks exactly like my car :D lol

Ive had mine on for quite alot of miles now, I will say it had a sports cat on when i first fitted it and the noise was completely different, had a rasp to it, not sure i was keen on that dunno. The std cat is now in place and its much more bassy and smooth, not obtrusive at all quite nice :), the sound is a bonus, i mainly bought mine for looks

Attachments

• 000_0416.jpg
    000_0416.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 000_0414-1.jpg
    000_0414-1.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 25