ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 boot floor on a 172

A sexy one
I'm wantin to fit a complete 182 system to my 172 and would like to get a new floor from Renault but was wonder if anyone would have any pics of there's if they've cut there recess out ?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
You're better off getting a floor out of a written off 182, I doubt Renault have spare 182 boot floors for sale tbh.

Why do you want to do this anyway?

It seems alot of work for no real gain, there are 172 systems that are just as good,
plus you can get a 182 replica system that fits the 172 if you just want the look.

182 track, Mk7 ST
As above, cut it out and weld a plate in if it bothers you that much.

Have a look at Kenny_cups (think that's his username) thread as he did this in his but only as it's being built as a hardcore track car amongst other reasons, it might help you out a bit if you can't get hold of a new floor.

Black Gold Trophy
Renault actually do a piece of steel that fits perfectly in place of where the spare wheel well used to be. So you can just cut the wheel
well out and weld it in place, seam seal it and paint it, done.

I'll get the part number for you later on if you're interested.

You shouldn't just weld in a flat sheet of steel as it could reduce the impact strength of the rear end.
The plate you get from renault has been pressed into shape so it is almost corrugated (unsure on spelling) so it is stronger.

I personally think the 172 exhaust is better, the cat to centre pipe join on the 182 is pants!

A sexy one
Renault actually do a piece of steel that fits perfectly in place of where the spare wheel well used to be. So you can just cut the wheel
well out and weld it in place, seam seal it and paint it, done.

I'll get the part number for you later on if you're interested.

You shouldn't just weld in a flat sheet of steel as it could reduce the impact strength of the rear end.
The plate you get from renault has been pressed into shape so it is almost corrugated (unsure on spelling) so it is stronger.

I personally think the 172 exhaust is better, the cat to centre pipe join on the 182 is pants!

That would be awesum cheers :)

220 Trophy
Long story short - the rear-beam slipped off the jack and the jack has dented the wheel well, so I’d also be interested in the wheel-well delete piece. Do you/anyone please know how much it costs? Thanks.

220 Trophy
Jack, Renault have come good and provided a picture of the boot floor, have you fitted one of these?, do I need to purchase any other bits? Any other useful info would be greatly appreciated.

220 Trophy
See picture attached, it’s the bottom right piece and looks to cover the whole of the wheel well.

Attachments

• Boot.JPG
    Boot.JPG
    403.7 KB · Views: 907

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Cost me £50 for a 182 boot floor out of the scrappy I cut the welds there are 16 1-2" welds holding the panel in place.