ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 brakes

Last night on the motorway I needed to brake suddenly form high speed, as I did this the back end danced from side to side so much that it nearly pulled me out of my lane!!!

Has anyone else experianced this or should I get the car looked at by renault???

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

was your ESP on or off??

sounds fairly normal to me but I always turn off the ESP.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

never had the back end dance for me before???

a lap dancing clio?? i would have thought it were more the Megans style of things with that ass!!

Anyway on a more serious point, ive never had the back end dance, or even fish-tail as ive been breaking really hard from about 110 down to 45 then into a hard corner or two. it behaved very well even on my trackday it where it got some real stick it was ok, with and without the ESP on, i normaly keep it on.

You may find that breaking on roads with tram tracks caused by lorrys will make the car slarlum from left to right but this is only where you get the back in one rut, correct it and then end up in the opposite rut as your clio doesnt have the same wheele width as that of a lorry

this is usualy the case for motorways, you may not even be able to see the tracks but they are there.

I had the ESP on and the ABS did not come on

I have found that it does follow ruts in the road under hard acceleration so it could be due to the tramlines, the road surface is quite new though!!!

It was a shock as i had not experianced this before and it got my adrenaline pumping!!

actually i have had both rear wheels off the floor before when breaking hard the backend was bouncing all over the shop

Yup had it a few times (really scary until you get used to it!) - normally when braking from 80-90mph to 40ish and turning too (doh must remember not to turn and brake!)

Yaris Hybrid

Evo mag said theirs danced around at the back when they did the brake test (100-0?) but it pulled up in a straight line so not a problem.