ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cable through the bulk head?

Ford Focus ST2
ok i have found i really good place to mount my GPS aerial for my road angel, but i would like to get the cable through the bulk head. Is there is any EASY way of doing this?

Does not matter what side the cable come through but i would prefer it the drivers side!!!

Thanks
Rob

:dead::rasp:

M5,Range Rover Sport & R1
i think there is a grommit under the glovebox that can be removed buddy... then you need to force the cable through.. try using a wire coathanger for guidance.

Ford Focus ST2
i could not see anything but it was a bit dark,

but in our 182 it has like a foam underlay and i can not see any holes :(

Elise/VX220/R26
If you feel/look behind the bonnet pull you can see where the cable goes through, if you take your passenger side wheel off and remove the arch lining you can see the cable coming through to the engine bay that makes an easy route for a cable

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I intended to mount my GPS aerial outside the car. The manufacturer of the aerial said that irrespective of how it looked, they hadn't designed it to be car wash proof. They put a magnet on the bottom intending that if you put it on an exterior panel you'd pull it back in when it rained or the car went through a car wash.

Doesn't your car have the "window" in the reflective coating that's on the windscreen? That's what its there for. For GPS aerials and toll transponders.

Ford Focus ST2
i have connected the aerial up and place it in the little window at the bottom of the windscreen but no signal!

move it outside the car and bang top signal!

Mercedes SLK350
Rob182 said:
I have connected the aerial up and placed it in the little window at the bottom of the windscreen, but no signal!

Move it outside the car and bang top signal!

My aerial is velcroed to the inside of the clear panel on the windscreen, I get a signal no problem. I have even mounted the aerial upside down.

200.jpg

VRS
i bought the antenna with the 5metre extension and just ran it down to the back of the car with my sub cable and it now sits nice and tidily by the parcel shelf in the rear window. it gets full signal all the time and took 5minutes to do! a lot easier than running it under the bonnet and the antenna stays nice and dry and safe inside the car :D

Ford Focus ST2
done it, just the bonnet, under the front grill (near the windscreen wiper motor!) Full signal and no site of cable at all!!!!

Very happy :D thanks for all the advice!!!

Have you got any pictures or a better description of where you have placed it?

I have given up installing the aerial in the inside of the car as its just too unreliable.

Thanks

Paul