ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182, civic type r or seat leon cupra r

Nissan 350Z
pbirkett - you got 2 things wrong. first is that i never said it constantly understeers. however, when pushing hard it round a long tightening corner on the limit, eventually you will understeer in any fwd car. but it's got so much grip so it doesn't "constantly" do it. not sure how you twisted those words.

second is the engine note. maybe you were in a crap one coz i've never heard anyone say the sound of the engine is anything other than pure petrolheaded delight. (especially when vtecing)

yes it is crap in the wet, yes the steering is poor, and yes it's not as fun handling as a clio.

my mates 172 cup is crap in the wet too but i hear the ones with the exalto's are very good. (supposed to be one of the best tyres around)

oh, and no it is not heavy, no the gearing isn't too short, and no you probably haven't driven it properly. like i said before, it justs takes longer to learn how to drive fast than a clio. that's what makes the clio such a fantastic car.

From my experience of driving a clio, although i loved it, i just missed my power surge of the vtec, i missed the gearbox which is flawless, and i missed the sound. so much character in that car. clio has too but i preferred the ctr.

Whatever, thats your opinion, fair enough.

Dont say i didnt drive it properly though, cos i'm damn sure i did. Never dropped out of its cam zone once. Its not exactly difficult now is it?

But no i didnt like the sound of it, it sounded mechanical and strained. Try a Celica T-Sport and you'll get to hear what is SHOULD have sounded like. But i bet you havent tried one of those.

And it IS heavy compared to a clio. I defy anyone to say it does not feel heavy after driving a clio.

Seems that its alright to say it about the 197, but if anyone dares **** of the precious CTR, then they should be publicly stoned.

:rolleyes:

Cupra
I'm heading off to see a red LCR later this week.... looks like a minter except the front splitter is no longer attached to the bumper but at 20 Pounds for a new one that is not the end of the world.

If I didn't need 5 doors and more space I would probably stick with the Clio but most of my driving is motorway mileage which from what I read, the LCR will excell in.

[/Thread Highjack]

Well i like this thread lol,

i have driven the CTR as that was the choice it came down to when choosing my car.

I picked the Clio of course but it was a tough choice and tbh i didnt even consider speeds of upto silly speeds when making the choice as i never get chance to go that fast.

I just went for 0-60 speed times and the cup and ctr are pretty even but it was the handling and speed through corners that impressed me the most out of the cup.

The fact that ever other car (it seems) is a ctr these days also didnt help.

also Cup 6500 (dealership) 30k, FSH
CTR 9200 (Dealership) 27k FSH

above aided my decision of course

CTR is a great car dont get me wrong but i have only had the pleasure of being up against one once (stupid body kitted one!!) and he couldnt keep up tbh. I dont know if he was a poor driver or not but all i knew was that his car sure was all over the place.

anyway :D

browno

ClioSport Club Member
I'm heading off to see a red LCR later this week.... looks like a minter except the front splitter is no longer attached to the bumper but at 20 Pounds for a new one that is not the end of the world.

If I didn't need 5 doors and more space I would probably stick with the Clio but most of my driving is motorway mileage which from what I read, the LCR will excell in.

[/Thread Highjack]

Sounds reasonable to me - for a long motorway journey I'd choose the LCR (if only it had cruise, which I intend to sort out very soon...), but for a B-road blast it would be the clio... will see if I say the same once I get round to adding a dose of Revo to the Leon..
Neither is a bad car - just have their own strengths...
Just watch that splitter - I find myself looking very carefully where I'm driivng, as the combination of big thumps over potholes and that low front end can sound pretty nasty if you pick the wrong route!

Nissan 350Z
I am talking about standard cars though. The one i had a test drive of was standard, and it was nothing special. Very revvy yes, but i expected better, especially after the T-Sport i'd driven the previous day, which really roared, almost like a baby F1 car.

End of the day these are just opinions. I prefer the T-Sport engine note, you prefer the Honda one. Lets just leave it at that.